I am still having an issue loggin into SL.

Sal Lichlore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am still having issues when trying to log into Secondlife.  I have tried all suggestions that I have seen so far and still to no avail.  I deleted my cache, deleted all folders completely, uninstalled all viewers, defragged the pc, did a disk clean up afterwards.  Reinstalled the beta viewer and still when I try to log in I get as far as "Waiting for Region Handshake" then it stops loading and tells me that there is a problem with my internet connection or the grid.  The internet connection works fine and it says that the grid is online.  I am gettin very frustrated as I havent been able to get on in a week now and cant feed my vamp which is now destroyed.  Any suggestions anyone has now are very welcome and hopefully I can get back to enjoying my game.  Thanks

4 answers to this question

Check that your firewall settings to see what it has blocked recently & make sure that none of the entries are related to SL. If you use Peerguardian, disable it. If neither of these work, I would suggest trying a different viewer as this only started with the update to your current viewer.

See if the Beta 2.6 is better, you can get that on: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Beta_Viewer/2.6.0#Release_Notes_for_v2.6.0_Beta_2_.28224672.29_-_Second_Life_Beta_Viewer

If not, try one of the 3rd Party Viewers, Kristens uses the v2 format & personally I love Phoenix, but they are all a matter of taste. https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Its worth trying them even if just to see if the problem you are having is specific to the viewer you are using.

This is a beta viewer?  Using any beta software usually means that you volunteered to test the software for bugs and problems.  The developers know there is a very high likelihood of problems and open the software up to people who want to try it out and test it to find and report any problems.........your question or report of problems would be more effective if you addressed those problems to the development team so they can fix it before it's released to the general public as a stable viewer.  If you don't want to do that then perhaps you should move back to the current stable viewer (2.5) and let the people who will actually test the viewer and report the problems to the people who want you to report those problems too............not here in Answers where we don't know squat about the viewer.

Just a suggestion since you volunteered to beta test the viewer by downloading it (twice?) and attempted to log in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.