Security orb height limits needs to be capped

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually no, I see it as that you and your types keep coming back trying to post smart comments, comebacks psychouts whatever they are are called seems to suggest I hit you where it hurts

Putting up sky high security orbs and ban lines in an imaginary world and  finding some one having fun watching TV while flying as abnormal and calling them a deluded menace, says alot about your mind. Who is deluded? me for having fun in an imaginary world or you for pitting up security devices sky high in an imaginary world?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil I'm having fun in SL and when my fun gets spoiled I have the right to complain,  so what if I'm not really into SL or paying membership or doing business, or owning  property, an empty skybox on land/home on the ground isnt getting affected when I'm having fun, but they knowingly are wreaking mine and others fun, or are you feeling the pinch for contributing to this debacle of so called security in a pixel world.

All thats being asked is shrink your ban lines security orbs limits so they dont affect others, if you did that we would not be having this discussion. When vechicles crash at sim crossings repeatedly its a nussance, so to have your craft sail or fly un-affacted for an hour or more is sheer joy and then to have some insecure pixel have orbs and lines running into the sky at a height you thought you were safe at from such things is a very irritating..

As for the sky Island girl and the missle guy,I dont even know what to say to both of you but your comments speak for themselves. . Iif some one complained that I ruined their fun I would apologise and see that it dosent happen again, I would not be defending my stupidity or telling them I will shoot them down, or they are a menace or they are deluded for having fun and for watching TV when flying, its SL for crying out loud, I didnt fly into your RL house thats how some people are reacting.

bebejee wrote:

Phil I'm having fun in SL and when my fun gets spoiled I have the right to complain [...]

To be perfectly honest, I don't consider that your fun was spoiled. You'd had an hour of trouble-free flying already, and you couldn't have expected that. Also, you weren't having fun at all because you were focussed on something else while merely keeping an eye on the screen. So you weren't having any "fun" that could be spoiled.

I don't consider myself as "contributing to this debacle". Everything I sell contributes to people's enjoyment of SL

All thats being asked is shrink your ban lines security orbs limits so they dont affect others

And what would the result of that be? You'd get closer to the security device, and then you'd crash. Nothing would change for you. Incidentally, you fly above ban lines, so they're not your problem.

bebejee wrote:

Actually no, I see it as that you and your types keep coming back trying to post smart comments, comebacks psychouts whatever they are are called seems to suggest I hit you where it hurts

Putting up sky high security orbs and ban lines in an imaginary world and  finding some one having fun watching TV while flying as abnormal and calling them a deluded menace, says alot about your mind. Who is deluded? me for having fun in an imaginary world or you for pitting up security devices sky high in an imaginary world?

I don't use a security orb, I don't generally build in the sky and I fly in SL quite frequently. I never said you were deluded, just an incompetent pilot (who obviously has never seen the movie Airplane.)

Perrie and Qie.

Thank you for your replies. I can't see such a system being successful on or near the ground, but I can envisage it being very useful in the sky, and it could easily be done so that it only issued the 'friendly heads ups' when it's placed above a certain height. That might be worth considering.

Another idea might by to surround the parcel (in the sky), or area to be protected, with an invisible phantom prim, or set of prims, that could become visible on the outside, and even non-phantom, when an avatar started to get quite near. Perhaps even flashing. That way, nobody would get spammed, and the obstruction would be seen. Of course, that's nothing to do with a security orb/device.

What? I wasnt having FUN watching TV flying from point A to B, realxing, going in an iuninterrupted straght line, not having to steer? do you decide what fun is to others? scripting and creating security devices in an imaginary world is fun to you, can I dare to say you dont have fun doing that? atleast i'm having actual FUN in SL as a free person. not having to create or invest or pay membership or run a business or work in here.

You you are contributing to the debacle by creatiing those things and are guilty of it, your replies show it you are feeling the pinch.

Again What? people reducing the limits of theri ban lines and orbs would lead me with my snails pace blimp and others flying fast jets to get closer to their properties? No I would fly high enough to avoid their range, thats exactly what I was doing. to aboid getting their popup messages.

Theresa, if you dont use security devices why are you on here defending them indirectly by posting and criticising me? why teh cheeky comments? and who are you to sayhow I fly when this discussion dosent concern you, can I pop in and put in my two linden worth if you are discussing say buying land, something Ithat dosent concern me in any manner since I dont rent own or sell or lease land? I thought you were a device user defending her actions, YES I have seen the movie Airplane quite a few times.

You said I'm a menace, in one of your earlier posts, then you said I am delusional for having FUN flying while watching TV? really? in SL? I was doing that in SL honey not in RL, again are you confusing the two? it seems you are spending too much time oni here, as for your commenst enjoying watching you have a melt down, really beachy, and to think this discussion dosnet even concern you, yes you popped in with your catty comment, or maybe you like trolling, had fun doing it? shame on you.

Ban lines and security orbs should not affect air traffic at any height, ban lines too extend multiple times the houses height in some places, they should not be more than a foot above avatar height when it stands on the roof.

You're upset that you, as someone who contributes nothing to SL, might be unable to travel over land owned by people who created the content for SL and are paying for the land? You're proud to be a freeloader? Is this your policy in real life?

Ban lines aren't configurable. They follow the parcel border and extend 50 meters above the ground. For someone who is specifically banned from a parcel the ban lines go to 5000 meters. This has already been explained, so I'm not sure why you keep suggesting people change the way they work.

Find a freebie blimp that you wear rather than ride in, go to 5100 meters,set something on the 'w' or up arrow key to keep moving, and have your fun. Nothing will bother you up there.

I have an easier one, Based on the premis that 'theres nobody there so why wahhh' its a simple 2 prim per parcel physical thing that hunts.

Magically it can be everywhere and expand within parcel limits of course and extremely good at no muss no fuss. A good physical lump does wonders.

I am told its also very low lag too. And invisible.

bebejee wrote:

What? I wasnt having FUN watching TV flying from point A to B, realxing, going in an iuninterrupted straght line, not having to steer? do you decide what fun is to others? scripting and creating security devices in an imaginary world is fun to you, can I dare to say you dont have fun doing that? atleast i'm having actual FUN in SL as a free person. not having to create or invest or pay membership or run a business or work in here.

Alight.
IMO
you were not having fun flying your blimp. You were watching TV while your blimp floated on at the time of the crash. But, if that's your idea of "fun", you're welcome to it
:D

You you are contributing to the debacle by creatiing those things and are guilty of it, your replies show it you are feeling the pinch.

There's no debacle so I can hardly contribute to it, can I?. There is just one freeloader who objects to people who pay for their stuff doing what they have every right to do. Is it any wonder that you have negligable support? And what's this "
feeling the pinch
" that you mentioned again? Are you suggesting that I'm actually feeling a little guilty because you crashed? That idea is just plain stupid, and a figment of your imagination. It's hardly surprising though, coming from a freeloader who imagines he has rights over things that other people pay for.

Again What? people reducing the limits of theri ban lines and orbs would lead me with my snails pace blimp and others flying fast jets to get closer to their properties? No I would fly high enough to avoid their range, thats exactly what I was doing. to aboid getting their popup messages.

Then fly high enough now. That would avoid all the ban lines. If you knew anything about it, you would know that ban lines on go up 50m above the ground.

Ban lines and security orbs should not affect air traffic at any height, ban lines too extend multiple times the houses height in some places, they should not be more than a foot above avatar height when it stands on the roof.

A foot above avatar height when standing on the roof? LOL Have you taken a giant leap away from your senses?  Don't you think that that's 
incredibly
selfish? You contribute absolutely nothing and yet you want things arranged for your benefit. You actually think that you should have right to fly a few feet above people's homes, while you're watching TV and not even enjoying the view? I've heard some stupid ideas in my time in SL, but that has got to be one of the most stupid.

Anyway, the bottom line is that you put absolutely nothing into SL, so you can expect nothing out of it. The fact that you do get something out of it - pleasure - means that you're in profit, so be content, but don't expect anyone to break a leg to satisfy your desires.

And, of course, you could always buy a Ban Line Hud. You did say that you spend money, so you must get it from somewhere, and one of those would take ban lines out of the equation for you. Interested in doing something to look after yourself? ;)

bebejee wrote:

Theresa, if you dont use security devices why are you on here defending them indirectly by posting and criticising me? why teh cheeky comments? and who are you to sayhow I fly when this discussion dosent concern you, can I pop in and put in my two linden worth if you are discussing say buying land, something Ithat dosent concern me in any manner since I dont rent own or sell or lease land? I thought you were a device user defending her actions, YES I have seen the movie Airplane quite a few times.

It affects me because I fly in Second Life and recognize that my enjoyment is dependent on the goodwill of landowners.  I don't mind security orbs with reasonable warnings like the one you encountered because I can either fly through them quickly or steer around them. However, if other Second Life pilots behave in an entitled, obnoxious manner it's more likely that landowners will start doing things that will make it more difficult to fly for everyone.

bebejee wrote:

Will the lab address this issue, I was flying my blimp hundreds of feet above, could only see land patches here and there no details of anything, watching an interesting documentry on my TV no need to steer, crusing from point A to B in a straight line and after an hour some arse holes
security orb gave me 30 seconds to scram, while trying to further raise the height of the blimp
SL viewer started jamming maybe it was info overload for it, and eventually crashed.

Had the security orb not bothered me all would have likely gone well, might have reached the place, why would it have an issue with something flying at a height where you cant even see whats below you other than a land mass, this needs to stop, ban lines and securitu orbs should be skin tight around the property and not spread out even an inch nor go hundreds of feet into the sky. 

Until Theresa mentioned it, I'd forgotten that bit. Didn't it occur to you to simply go back the way you came? Or even continue through. 30 seconds would have allowed you to get through unless the blimp moves at snails pace and you were on a big parcel.. Didn't you know that rasing your height still leaves you on the parcel? so you'd be unlikely to escape the orb even if it gave you 5 minutes to scram? How long have you been in SL? Anybody can get off a parcel in 30 seconds, for goodness sakes. Many of them only give 10 seconds, so you were lucky that it was a friendly one. You have no justifiable complaint. If I were you, I'd stick my tail between my legs and slope off, instead of continuing to argue what was a lost cause from the start.

Did you bother reading my OP where I stated SL viewer crashed in a few seconds of that popup?, I was trying to raise the blimps altitude, SL viewer mini map also shows stuff thats confusing you dont know where what begins or ends when it goes grey and black over lapping land images, I could have reversed at best but the viewer went off.

By the way I was at an altitufde where you are surrouunded by a haze, there is nothing to see left, right or below, above there is a blue sky and clouds, I dont know how high this was but I started my journey from a sky platform miles above hollywood airport.in the hazy area.

Lots of sky junk up there, that dosent show on maps.

A free loader who has managed to make atleast 5t000-6000 L  by not putting in a cent of RL money, not working in SL, not doing business, not creating,  not couped up in a skybox scripting, must burn you like hell us freeloaders on here, BTW my blimp costs over 2000 L when not on sale, there are those who must have bought it for that much, I see them cribbing about the sale prices in product reviews, I got it literally for a fraction of the actual price.

So not really a free loader as I am contributing to SL economy in a small way by shoping and rI rent a place too.

Same reply to the loser so who said I cant raise even 2 Linden.

Who are you? who sought your opinion? does this discussion conecrn you, are you a land or sky baron with orbs and ban lines? are you a creator of such devices? why are you commenting on here? am I asking for sympathy?

All I asked that LL take note of the hights at which security orbs are affecting air traffic, I did not know LL are sabotaging their own creation and have all freedom to land owners to do as they plese when put up these devices.

Stop trolling in here those of you who are not users or creators of these devices.

bebejee wrote:

Long enough to know how ridiculous some of you are with your RL like talk for a pixel game.

You're whining on and on about that pixel game not working right even when you screw something up yourself.

You do it in all of your posts.

Then telling everyone else they take it too seriously.

That's ridiculous.

You made your own viewer crash.

Not the orb.

Do you even remember most of the things you've posted?

I realize it's Saturday (Sunday, even, in half of Asia) but there's the chance here to make this the Friday thread of all time. Now that Steph and bebejee are engaged in conflict, we should all just step quietly away and let the two of them snipe on. An all-out, no slur spared steel-cage death match of arrogance, ignorance, and entitlement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.