Missing my pets

CreepyPastel Cloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my friend and i have a joined land and when we were moveing she sent all my items back to me i got a message saying all the items were returned to there floders but none of them were and i cant seem to find any of my pets or rare objects that were in the house please help V.V i have tried searching by there names looking in there folders looking in recents in objects but nothing :(

1 answer to this question

Hi Lanette,

Your things were probably returned en-masse as a "coalesced object". Such things have inventory icons that look like li'l piles of boxes, and they will have the name of one of the things in the collection. So dig in your Lost and Found folder (where returned objects generally go) and look for box piles.

If you find some, locate a wide open space (like a full region public sandbox) to rez them and drag them out. All the objects in the collection will rez in the same relative positions they had when returned. So, if you had them spread all over your parcel, they're going to be spread all over the place you rez them and you may have to walk around to take them all back into inventory, one by one. Make sure you don't stand near the edge of the sim, or some of the objects may bang off the sim borders and end up in odd places, or the entire collection may refuse to rez.

Good luck!

ETA: Oh, I just thought of something. If some of the coalesced objects are scripted pets, you may have to chase them around the place where you rez the group, and they may not stay inside any border they were configured to respect, because they're now potentially in a very different part of a region and may be totally confused.

Get ready to run!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.