Sign in to follow this  
Marchesa Isenia

High School RP - Anyone?

School RP is becoming more and more popular in Second Life. There are a few high schools out there, but I have heard from a lot of people that they aren't happy with the quality or atmosphere. I'm out to change that.

I have built a new high school campus called Silvercrest(it's easy to find in search). I have gotten a ton of response since the day I got the land. The problem is, we need a full sim in order to handle the traffic.

School RP sims tend to support themselves almost entirely- ONCE they are up and running. We need 3 individuals willing to take on the tier of a quarter of the sim for two to three months. Details below- please contact me in world if you're interested. 

Silvercrest cannot stay on our current homestead sim. We must expand to a full sim in order to meet traffic demands of what is turning out to be a tremendously popular school!

Second Life families and teens are in need of a high quality, safe school to attend. From the day we broke ground on our current sim, we have received enormous traffic numbers. People are interested, people want to be involved.

Second Life schools DO pull in money. They make about enough to cover their tier. A school like Silvercrest is poised to become the most popular school on the grid.

+++++++++++++PROPOSAL+++++++++++++++

Silvercrest needs 3 investors willing to front 80 dollars a month(the cost of renting a quarter of the sim) for two to three months, after which the school will begin to support itself.

These rentals will be in the investor's name, safeguarding you from any scams or ripoffs. Marchesa is also willing to share real life information with investors to help them feel secure.

This will allow us to rent an entire sim, half of which will contain the Silvercrest campus and sports fields.

The remaining two quarters will be designed in a similar manner to the Silvercrest campus and become a rentable dormitories for students, rentable housing for Silvercrest families, and a small shopping center. Investors will of course be welcome to live in one of the houses and/or use the shopping center for their personal businesses so long as they continue to fund the Silvercrest property.

While Marchesa will remain the sim designer, investors will become board members who vote on all major decisions.

This is a great opportunity to get in on something unique and special in Second Life- for no more money than most of us spend in Second Life per month! Contact Marchesa Isenia if you are interested.

First, build the group around the RP.  Then get land.

Group grows, land purchases get made.  More join.  More land gets bought.

You are doing this backwards.  Create a group and a small 2K parcel to put the initial HS on.  A quarter of a sim is NO small.  Build an initial test vehicle and see if there is enough interest in a HS RP.  Let the group outgrow the school and build a bigger one.  You can even have fun pretending that all the previous schools are still there and are your sworn enemies.

The only people willing to invest with LL are people who have never done business with LL before...

Shockwave Yareach wrote:

You are doing this backwards.  Create a group and a small 2K parcel to put the initial HS on.  A quarter of a sim is NO small.  Build an initial test vehicle and see if there is enough interest in a HS RP.  Let the group outgrow the school and build a bigger one.  You can even have fun pretending that all the previous schools are still there and are your sworn enemies.

This. The same thing happened with the various RP elementary schools. HardKnock Elementary started as a schoolroom inside a large box on a neglected corner or someone's land, back in 2007. It has since grown, and grown, and grown, It is now the majority of a region (with an adjoining family RP residential region), and another school, Oceanside Elementary, grew out of HKE and now has its own full region.

The best thing is to start small and grow. It's far easier than going big right off, and discovering that there aren't enough people willing to jump in the pool with you.

The school does exist guys- and we're getting responses already. We're doing the things both of you have suggested. :) Thanks for the feedback!

An update for those interested- we do have one investor on the line right now who owns several other family-oriented sims. This is a good opportunity to get in on for anyone interested in networking these businesses or just becoming involved with the business end of the family RP community. Again, contact me in world any time!