I don't play SL but someone's being using my email. How do I remove my email address from account?

Gmelune

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't play this game but Someone's been using my email address for this game and I keep getting emails from this game. I have no idea how to remove my email address from their account. Can anyone from Linden Labs help me out? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

No.  First of all, nobody from Linden Lab ever comes to this resident-to-resident Answers site.  We're all SL residents, and we can't do a thing about anyone's account.  Second, even if you could somehow get the Lab's attention, they wouldn't know which account was sending you the e-mails -- that information is set in the user's own preferences. And they wouldn't tell you if they did know, due to privacy concerns. 

I can only offer three suggestions:

First, somebody who knows you is a SL resident.  It's highly unlikely that anyone would just type your e-mail address in their preferences at random.  Ask around.  If they know you, you probably know them too.

Second, you may not "play" Second Life, but you clearly have an account or you wouldn't be able to post here.  Check your own account information at secondlife.com >>> Account >>> Contact Information to be sure that you didn't type your e-mail address in there yourself.

Third, if all else fails, put a filter on your e-mail system to redirect all e-mail from Second Life to trash or to a folder where you can ignore it.

We're not Linden Lab employees, we're just users of the grid, so we can't stop the messages from being sent. You could try filing a support case here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" from the first drop-down and "I believe my account has been compromised" from the second. Describe your spamming problem and give them the e-mail address that's being spammed. If you've received anything in the e-mails that indicates an avatar name, report that as well.

In case they don't do anything, perhaps you can make a junk mail rule to filter out anything coming from secondlife.com and lindenlab.com. Forum based messages come from mailer@lithium.com, which you can also block if you don't participate in any other forums or user support groups from companies that use the Lithium forum system (Best-Buy, for example).

Good luck getting rid of us, Gmelune!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.