Number of characters in Picks has been reduced?

squashy Beeswing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've noticed that since the advent of the web-based profiles the number of characters one can use in one's picks is greatly reduced.  Am i the only one disappointed?  Some of us enjoy being a little creative with our profiles and liked having the extra space in which to write.

I appreciate that 'picks' were not originally intended for us to write our own text in.  However, 90% of residents do use it for that purpose.

Might there be a chance we can get the old number of characters back in Picks, or is there a workaround?

Many thanks if anyone can help with this.

2 answers to this question

Yes, i've tried that, Void, but i also move between viewers a lot.

While the extra text can be seen by those who use certain TPV viewers, with Viewer 2 i end up with half the text and -- this is really the annoying bit -- a sentence that is cut off in mid flow. However much i fiddle, i always end up with only half the text AND that final "half a mashed up sentence" in V2, where the whole text shows in the TPV.

Yes, i'm fussy, but that half a mashed up sentence annoys teh heck out of me.  Ok, so only users of V2 can see it (if they bother to look), but *I* know it's there.   :-(   The ONLY way to get rid of it is to remove the extra text that's visible in the TPV profiles.

Sorry for going on about this. I appreciate that you tried to help me. :-) I guess it's one of those things i'm stuck with.

I didn't realize that v2 was cutting off previously valid ones when I originally responded... that isn't something that should happen (there are places that have those completely filled in)....

I would suggest opening a Jira issue for it (in VWR) and directing others to it (include people in commerce who might be understandably upset about it)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.