Number of characters in Picks has been reduced?

squashy Beeswing
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yes, i've tried that, Void, but i also move between viewers a lot.

While the extra text can be seen by those who use certain TPV viewers, with Viewer 2 i end up with half the text and -- this is really the annoying bit -- a sentence that is cut off in mid flow. However much i fiddle, i always end up with only half the text AND that final "half a mashed up sentence" in V2, where the whole text shows in the TPV.

Yes, i'm fussy, but that half a mashed up sentence annoys teh heck out of me.  Ok, so only users of V2 can see it (if they bother to look), but *I* know it's there.   :-(   The ONLY way to get rid of it is to remove the extra text that's visible in the TPV profiles.

Sorry for going on about this. I appreciate that you tried to help me. :-) I guess it's one of those things i'm stuck with.

2 answers to this question

I didn't realize that v2 was cutting off previously valid ones when I originally responded... that isn't something that should happen (there are places that have those completely filled in)....

I would suggest opening a Jira issue for it (in VWR) and directing others to it (include people in commerce who might be understandably upset about it)

Yes, i've tried that, Void, but i also move between viewers a lot.

While the extra text can be seen by those who use certain TPV viewers, with Viewer 2 i end up with half the text and -- this is really the annoying bit -- a sentence that is cut off in mid flow. However much i fiddle, i always end up with only half the text AND that final "half a mashed up sentence" in V2, where the whole text shows in the TPV.

Yes, i'm fussy, but that half a mashed up sentence annoys teh heck out of me.  Ok, so only users of V2 can see it (if they bother to look), but *I* know it's there.   :-(   The ONLY way to get rid of it is to remove the extra text that's visible in the TPV profiles.

Sorry for going on about this. I appreciate that you tried to help me. :-) I guess it's one of those things i'm stuck with.

Archived