Seeking advice & Info on full-sim purchases

Siksikas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!! Within the next few months I'm hoping to purchase a full sim, and would appreciate some advice in doing so....  Truly I don't know much about it so have a hard time coming up with any specific questions - general knowledge and advice would be appreciate.  I know that I can purchase land directly from LL, or from a seller for much cheaper... I've seen land around $175.  One thing I'd like to know is if certain sims are laggier than others?  Or are they all entirely lag free and generally the same FPS when they're totally empty?  Also, is there typically anything I should look out for / warning signs when looking to purchase a full sim?  Any and all advice would be appreciated... thanks!

PS. My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section

Hi Vanessa, 

I'll give you a bit of quick info here and if you have any other questions please let me know :)  I've worked in land sales since 2012 so I love to answer these questions. You can buy full sims from LL or from a company. Certain sims are laggier then others. One big reason for that is upkeep. Sims that are not updated properly tend to lag. Depending on what you put in there will depend on how much lag you see. If you over load a fps, just like any land, with scripts and people you will get lag. Fps' can handle normal lag pretty well, just nothing crazy lol. If you go with a land company I would check them out first. How long have they been in SL? What kind of reputation do they have? What do their clients say about them? Find a company that you can trust with your money. The best advice I have found since I started selling land is, if it looks too good to be true then it is. If someone is offering you a huge discount or more prims then the sim actually has, RUN! Run far and fast. 99% of the time these "amazing" deals are not true. 

I hope this helps!

Quiggles Khayman (Quiggles78 Resident)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.