Jump to content

Women degrading advertising in search


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic


Phil Deakins wrote:

I wouldn't know how to block specific images. I'm surprised it can be done.

I once spent an hour with another SLer, wandering around blocking advertisements from a really funny web location that decided we should be exposed to >300 ads just to spend some time watching a page update. We did the same thing in-world at another location, removing ads and an eye-sore mall from a sim I regularly visit using Permanent Derender - for kicks and giggles and to prove the time spent was worthwhile to improve our view. Same-ish principle though Derender tackles the issue higher up in the process!

It was incredible that there were nearly the same number in both places. Turned out a useful experiment, both looked so much cleaner afterward and my data consumption (and in-world, frame-rendering load) dropped dramatically.

That was my personal choice and preference, affected precisely zero other users and required no whining or begging to rule-imposing authorities to accomplish. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites


Freya Mokusei wrote:


Phil Deakins wrote:

I wouldn't know how to block specific images. I'm surprised it can be done.

I once spent an hour with another SLer, wandering around blocking advertisements from a really funny web location that decided we should be exposed to >300 ads just to spend some time watching a page update. We did the same thing in-world at another location, removing ads and an eye-sore mall from a sim I regularly visit using Permanent Derender - for kicks and giggles and to prove the time spent was worthwhile to improve our view. Same-ish principle though Derender tackles the issue higher up in the process!

It was incredible that there were nearly the same number in both places. Turned out a useful experiment, both looked so much cleaner afterward and my data consumption (and in-world, frame-rendering load) dropped dramatically.

That was my personal choice and preference, affected precisely zero other users and required no whining or begging to rule-imposing authorities to accomplish.
:)

Yes, but what fun would here be if we couldn't whine, moan and beg? It's what makes life worthwhile.

:P

Link to post
Share on other sites


Phil Deakins wrote:

Yes, but what fun would here be if we couldn't whine, moan and beg? It's what makes life worthwhile.

:P

 Agree! On the proviso that begging and moaning only occur as part of consensual kink. ;)

Ohgodit'sgonefullcircle.

ETA Hahaha and Maddy's on the same page!

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. I wasn't on the same page before you and Maddy pointed it out :smileysurprised:

But I'm more than happy to catch you both up - except Maddy, of course. Catching up with her can be hazardous to one's health :smileyfrustrated:

Link to post
Share on other sites


Freya Mokusei wrote:

Assuming the OP's in control of her computer and her connection to SL then she definitely
can
control the content that comes down the tubes. Blocking specific images or specific data-providers is no big deal and can be done in a few minutes.

However, she
also
 wants LL to do this for her (and everyone else), and also to use her offense-barometer (where - to be true to Carlotta - she sees kink as a sickness) as a guideline for SL as a whole. This is the second half of her problem, and the part that most people in this thread seem to take issue with.

You're right that EchoRose doesn't address enough of the underlying issue, it's just the only option available besides leaving SL. There's no reasonable or realistic way to address her complaint in full - people with intent like this are not going to be happy knowing this content still exists, just now outside of their cone of vision. The desire to try and force reality into line with their specific wants is too strong.

[Further: 
]

 

Let's get specific here.

Exactly how do I block those specific images when I want to shop other Adult content on the MP?

Personally I'd rather not have some of the things I've seen thrown up in my face. 

Don't I have as much right to shop the MP without seeing that stuff as those who want to see it?

How can this be done and satisfy everyone's rights?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

Don't I have as much right to shop the MP without seeing that stuff as those who want to see it?


I'm not sure that either activity is a

. You probably don't have a right to not see things you don't want to see. You may have a right to control the content that comes down your tubes, depending on your local laws and the technical operations of your ISP. The EU is especially tough on this.

I lack incentive - given the background of this specific thread - to go into detail on the process here, sorry (although I should add, the method I have in-mind is more suited to Search than MP). I don't feel it would help, for reasons elaborated upon in previous posts.

But good luck.


@Phil RE:


Phil Deakins wrote:

Catching up with [Maddy] can be hazardous to one's health
Smiley Frustrated


I'm resolved to keep trying in any case! I like a challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my best friends is female irl and loves being degraded. She's a very confident woman who just happens to like letting her hair down and letting random guys in sl do weird stuff to her. Just because some people get taken advantage of by misogynists doesn't mean EVERY single women out there who is into that sort of thing is being forced to do it. Some people here need to stop making assumptions and value judgments about people they don't even know. Don't like it? Use your filters. Nobody's obligated to not do things they're allowed to do just because some people are offended by it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


CarlottaAdagio wrote:

I am in second life for 5 years.

About transactional arrangement: If about 80 % of the female avatars wanting to be degraded are men in real life then your assessment is wrong. And whenever you hear about statistics it is stated that a great number of female avatars are male in real life. Play your own **bleep**. It's so easy.

About the real women that want to be degraded in SL it is known that they are having a psychologically problem. So many abused women on SL. You should know that or go on dreaming...

You say: "Some of the choices for stock imagery suck, sure". - Yeah that is my point! LL should do something about it. Everytime I try to exite someone for SL I hear the same: Nah - this is only for kinks. Just pornographic stuff.

Wow, what great advertising for SL!!

...okay, I'll take the bait.  If you are playing out an elaborite troll, give yourself 10 points.

Where to start?  Maybe some full disclosure?  I am a long time creator of adult content.  I'm also male.  And because someone else was already dragging out the race arguements, I'll point out that I'm white.  Hell, I'm also heterosexual, nearing middle age, and American.  If you are thinking any of those items disqualify any arguement I make, then I have no interest in changing your mind.  If all those things are however fine, I shall give a hearty 'Party on, Fellow Human Being!'

More on topic, how about a source to silly number like 80%?  It would be nice to see where such a metric is coming from aside from "Numbers I just made up because they support my arguement."  I will accept that more men play female avatars than woman play male avatars.  Anything beyond that is a massive leap for any arguement to make.

What is a "**bleep**" and why is it easy?  It's okay, my head will not expload if you use a grown up word.

Now for the meat of what irritated me enough to actually post.  Because you do not like something, does NOT mean the person engaged in the activity is mentally ill and sick.  This should be such a basic concept that I don't even know how to articulate it properly.  The best I can come up with is to assert that because someone is not exactly the same as you, they are not somehow lesser or defective.  It seems like this point has been made a few times before, but perhaps you are right and I dreamed it?

To hit another point made in another post, SL is significantly safer for people to explore their differences than the outside world.  You can mute, ban, derender, and if all else fails close the window.  With the number of options availible, I belive it is safe to generalize to the effect that if someone is engaged in an activity, they likely want to be.  No one is being actually held by force.

To continue on a different related tangent, by all means help those who ARE in fact abused, those who are in true danger.  It is the mark of a fine and admirable human being to put themselves on the line to truely help others.  It is somewhat less admirable to confine one's crusade to a perfectly safe enviornment to help people who neither need nor want your help.

Also a point of history:  LL did do something about it, in conjunction with the terrible idea to allow children onto the grid.  They created adult land.  This protects those who do not wish to see a certain kind of content, and even more importaintly protects those who DO wish to see it from those who don't.

Pornographic stuff for kinks?  I'd check out SL with that advertising, perhaps they should adopt it as the new slogan!  I suspect it will draw more consumers than "SL, the world's largest virtual church quilting bee!"

I'll spare everyone more of this rant, at least for the moment.  You're not the first witchhunter to pop up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Grey Mars asked: "What is a "**bleep**" and why is it easy?  It's okay, my head will not expload if you use a grown up word."

Grey Mars: What I wrote was: Play your own *S-L-U-T* and the forum put in a bleep for that. Lol! Oh my! What a bad word! :) And you all think I am prude? Look at this forum...!

What is easy is for a man to play it's own slave (or the S-L...word) and no real woman is involved but everybody thinks that a real woman is involved who wants to be degraded.

 

Ever thought about why LL has forbidden Age Play (Child Pornography Roleplay) in SL?
No real child is harmed if two adult people play child pornography in SL...

Because there is so much more to it. It is not about whether a real child is hurt or not. It is about the idea of having sex with a child. Every sane person would agree that this idea is sick and wrong.
Also it is known that such fantasies sometimes are the beginning of the plan of a crime. Such fantasies are not harmless at all.

And so it is exactly the same with the idea of kidnapping, raping and torturing women.
Rape-, Torture- and Capture Roleplay are an assault on the dignity of women.
And they can form ideas and opinions about women. Every picture, every movie, every animation can influence and affect people's thoughts and opinion.

In real life all this is no fantasy. Women are suffering various types of cruelty, torture, persecution and oppression. Every day rape and violence against women is happening in our world.

We must never underestimate the harm even pictures and pixeled animations can have on certain people. For example men who feel powerless in real life and try to compensate their feelings of being a loser with brutal rape fantasies about women.

The rape and torture groups in SL are violating the human value of women over and over again.

Link to post
Share on other sites


CarlottaAdagio wrote:

Ever thought about why LL has forbidden Age Play (Child Pornography Roleplay) in SL?

No real child is harmed if two adult people play child pornography in SL...

You don't suppoe it could be because it's illegal in some countries, do you? Cartoon-like images of it are certainly illegal here in the UK. And I agree with the lawmakers.

Because there is so much more to it. It is not about whether a real child is hurt or not. It is about the idea of having sex with a child. Every sane person would agree that this idea is sick and wrong.

Child pornography is definitely sick and wrong. Nobody disputes that. But that's not what this thread that you started is about.

Also it is known that such fantasies sometimes are the beginning of the plan of a crime. Such fantasies are not harmless at all.

They are also sometimes the means of preventing the RL execution of those desires. But, again, that is not what you started this thread about. I don't think anyone has posted that child abuse/pornography/etc. is ok and should be permitted.

And so it is exactly the same with the idea of kidnapping, raping and torturing women.

Rape-, Torture- and Capture Roleplay are an assault on the dignity of women.

Those things are an assault on
your
ideas. They are not an assault on all women's ideas. If they were, they wouldn't get into it, would they? And yet they do get into it, don't they? It's nothing to do with degradation. It's about sexual fantasy, and that is in us all. Perhaps that's where you're coming from - you see that it's deep within you and you hate the idea of it being there.

And they can form ideas and opinions about women. Every picture, every movie, every animation can influence and affect people's thoughts and opinion.

Why would pictures of women being raped, tortured and captured cause the sort of opinions you're taking about? They would cause great concerns for the women, not the degradation of them. They don't degrade women at all. Women may degrade women (in your view), by happily being in depictions of those things.

In real life all this is no fantasy. Women are suffering various types of cruelty, torture, persecution and oppression. Every day rape and violence against women is happening in our world.

Nobody suggested any different. But
that
is not what you started this thread about either.

We must never underestimate the harm even pictures and pixeled animations can have on certain people. For example men who feel powerless in real life and try to compensate their feelings of being a loser with brutal rape fantasies about women.

As long as they stick to fantasies, and don't act them out in RL, nobody gets hurt. It's not your job, or anyone else's, to dictate what goes on in other people's brains. And again, it's not the topic of this thread - that YOU started.

The rape and torture groups in SL are violating the human value of women over and over again.

You are entitled to that opinion.

Now, Carlotta. You started this thread, and you pop into it from time to time to get on your own personal soapbox. But you don't reply to people. For instance, I asked you which search you are using, but you ignored the question. My conclusion is that your intention is merely to preach your views at us, and not to deal with the problem in search that you claim to have found. Other people haven't confirmed what you said about search, and I haven't seen it - I looked. I think you're just making that up and using it as an excuse to preach your views here.

Consider yourself OUTED! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Phil, I use the normal inworld inworld search button. Everytime you use it something different can appear. That is why not everybody gets the same images the same time. You need to push it more than once from time to time. Then you will see all I saw in the last months. Sometimes you see different things. Sexist things and other things. Sometimes you can flip through 9 sexist images that are shown on the search site.

Let me take a look: ok - first is: an image of white female on their hand and knees. A coloured man sits/rides on a woman. Two man standing in the backroundl. The text shows: rent black bulls **bleep** ghetto interracial gangbang **bleep** BJ oral **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** slave sex **bleep** orgy racial sin tracker sex drugs roleplay taboo rape hot clothes hotel RP breed whore pimp hooker **bleep** projects apartment motel BBC, Mama Allpa forced bdsm interracial breeding lounge Adboards Adboard 

oh, I'm very sure that most of the words will be bleeped by the forum!!!

Next image: Toy Slaves Brothel. - A woman on her knees

Next image: Deadly Desires - nothing bad - just a naked woman and man having sex

Next image: Eager to play - two naked women having sex - so nothing bad - just a typical silly mens dream.

Next image: Pain & Pleasure - Toy Brothel - a binded naked woman.

Next image: Hot, Sexy, Horny voice and cam girls now! - Two naked women

Next image: Verified kinky girls. - Three naked girls - yawn!! Where are the naked men???

Next image: The bishes club: One naked woman with very big **bleep**.

Next image: Daddys Doll House: A woman in lingerie on her back lifting her scrotch up.

ok. Today it's not the open **bleep** with a male finger poking in it or the male boot on the naked womens head.

Well, maybe later or tomorrow again. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You listed exactly the sort of images I see when I open search and spool through them. I never see anything like what you described in your first post, and it's those images that you started this thread to rant about.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


CarlottaAdagio wrote:

Grey Mars asked: "What is a "**bleep**" and why is it easy?  It's okay, my head will not expload if you use a grown up word."

Grey Mars: What I wrote was: Play your own *S-L-U-T* and the forum put in a bleep for that. Lol! Oh my! What a bad word!
:)
And you all think I am prude? Look at this forum...!

What is easy is for a man to play it's own slave (or the S-L...word) and no real woman is involved but everybody thinks that a real woman is involved who wants to be degraded.

 

Ever thought about why LL has forbidden Age Play (Child Pornography Roleplay) in SL?

No real child is harmed if two adult people play child pornography in SL...

Because there is so much more to it. It is not about whether a real child is hurt or not. It is about the idea of having sex with a child. Every sane person would agree that this idea is sick and wrong.

Also it is known that such fantasies sometimes are the beginning of the plan of a crime. Such fantasies are not harmless at all.

And so it is exactly the same with the idea of kidnapping, raping and torturing women.

Rape-, Torture- and Capture Roleplay are an assault on the dignity of women.

And they can form ideas and opinions about women. Every picture, every movie, every animation can influence and affect people's thoughts and opinion.

In real life all this is no fantasy. Women are suffering various types of cruelty, torture, persecution and oppression. Every day rape and violence against women is happening in our world.

We must never underestimate the harm even pictures and pixeled animations can have on certain people. For example men who feel powerless in real life and try to compensate their feelings of being a loser with brutal rape fantasies about women.

The rape and torture groups in SL are violating the human value of women over and over again.

In for a penny, in for a pound.  Let's hit up this idea of men running their own slave alt, I belive I have some unique perspective on that one.  As I've mentioned, I am an adult content provider.  If I've done my job right, some of my advertising should be on your complaint list.  If it's not, I need to advertise more!  The majority of the advertisements and product images I make do in fact feature a dress up bot account.  Now here's the part that will blow your mind.  There is a quite literal queue of eager live human volenteers who would love to take the place of that bot.  Contrary to your assertions, they are not even excaped mental patients.  They are simply people who enjoy something you do not.

Here's another point from someone who actually knows.  The vast majority of customers are in fact women.  It's never been a secret that women drive the SL economy, nor that they shape it's course.  This is still perfectly true in the fetish and kink industries.  Now here's something you might not be aware of: as a male fetish designer, I am in the minority.  Most kink creators are women.  Or if we're using your terms, abused powerless PTSD driven head cases desperatly pedeling their filth and sickness to other powerless depraved sickos.  Personally I'm sticking with my own view, that of successful female business owners bringing excitement to their customer base.  Oh wait, did that somehow forget to lay all blaim at the feet of the mythical brutal male plutocracy?

As mentioned, age play rules are a result of specific RL law changes.  If I'm remembering correctly, law changes in Germany at the time of the rule enactments.

Once more I agree with you about the existance of deplorable RL incidents of violence, opression, and hatred towards woman.  Once more I'm going to suggest you go do something about that instead of an unwanted witchhunt against purely consentual adult sexual play.

And yes, to be perfectly clear I do think you are a prude.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually just use marketplace..I find it balances out with my politics more..

My politics are when shopping..If i can't find it,it makes me mad..If i can It make me glad..

Ceka for president 2016!! \o/

Link to post
Share on other sites


CarlottaAdagio wrote:

 Ever thought about why LL has forbidden Age Play (Child Pornography Roleplay) in SL?

Second Life instituted the age play policy because depictions and simulations of that specific content are illegal in many countries and because of a particular case that gained press attention. It has nothing to do with your pseudo-science and nothing to do with how roleplay might intersect with real life minors (it doesn't).

We could talk about the benefits of things like

and aversion therapy in others, but your perspective is too limited to reach this. Needless to say I don't think you understand cause-and-effect, and are just repeating common talking points that fit your narrative of choice. You're seeking to condemn things based on feelings and fictions, and this undermines your case. Carrying poor logic over toward consensual roleplay with women becomes doubly false since you're starting off on a bad premise. Oops.
CarlottaAdagio wrote:

And they can form ideas and opinions about women. Every picture, every movie, every animation can influence and affect people's thoughts and opinion.

Nope. This is junk. There's no peer-reviewed evidence to suggest this is true at all and most social science done in this area directly contradicts your claim. Folks have been studying the effect of violent videogames (a related field, and one that idiots also occaisionally claim is to blame for real life violence) for a long time, here's what's been happening.



 Violent crime in the US has been decreasing steadily as computer games have proliferated. This is a pretty clear correlation and many researchers have reported the same findings. Over and over again.

There are a couple of marketing hacks and egocentrists that agree with your position, but they don't present any useful evidence to back up their claims either and so can easily be discarded. The majority of other folks who agree with your position are either folks pushing authoritarian narratives (like yourself), "family values" nonsense or tabeloid journalists.

[Source]

 If - by some stretch - you do have a real study that seems to agree with your claim, please try. I would love to see it.

 


CarlottaAdagio wrote:

 

In real life all this is no fantasy. Women are suffering various types of cruelty, torture, persecution and oppression. Every day rape and violence against women is happening in our world

Caught in a landslide, no escape from re-aaal-ity~

Since you bring this up out of nowhere, why aren't you out there tackling that? Why are you wasting your time with the dignity of avatars? Avatars who are controlled by folks who explicitly agree and enjoy the results of the roleplay?

Seems like there's many ways you could actually help real victims of real violence, but instead you're choosing to play Internet fuddy-duddy and yell at clouds. The people you're claiming to speak in defence of don't want your help, they're happy getting abused and degraded and will go on enjoying it for many years to come.

This is a pointless exercise. You're demonstratively wasting your time here for the following reasons:-

  • There are no victims, everyone has a good time or leaves
  • Many people seek this activity out for fun purposes, the audience is substantial
  • There is no incentive to change and the environment is tolerant of this behaviour
  • There are no negative effects in indulging in this behaviour

BONUS ROUND:


CarlottaAdagio wrote:

men who feel powerless in real life and try to compensate their feelings of
being a loser
with brutal rape fantasies about women.

I see that you have no problems perpetuating ideas of harmful masculinity. Do you feel like this language - calling some men losers - will reduce the amount of real violence that real women have to face? Do you think it helps to stand against men like this and call them 'damaged', denigrate and belittle them, and then act surprised when they lash out? Perhaps you could treat people like humans and try and understand what causes this, what they get out of it and what they think about women, rather than telling them they're all sick.

This a repeating theme in your posts, and it's not just poor understanding, it's increasingly harmful. Attempting to minimise the experiences of women (which you've done) and men (also done!), making the defensible appear indefensible (done), hyperbole (done-diddly-done) instilling your own narrative at the expense of others (da-da-da-da-done) and when all that fails, calling people sick and mentally defective.

Congratulations. You're part of the problem, not a part of the solution.

We'll continue on without you.

Link to post
Share on other sites


CarlottaAdagio wrote:

Because there is so much more to it. It is not about whether a real child is hurt or not. It is about the idea of having sex with a child. Every sane person would agree that this idea is sick and wrong.

And so it is exactly the same with the idea of kidnapping, raping and torturing women.

Rape-, Torture- and Capture Roleplay are an assault on the dignity of women.

The rape and torture groups in SL are violating the human value of women over and over again.

First of all, please define "child".  You may consider this argumentative but you do realise that age of consent differs across the world and your idea of a child may be vastly different from that which is completely legal elsewhere.

Example, looking at countries across Europe, as low as 14 in several countries:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Africa, you can go as low as 12.  Of course I understand that LL uses 18 and wouldn't suggest otherwise, it's an easy and safe distinction but you should cease preaching your own values when they're alien to people in other countries.

Second, I suggest you spend more time searching and reading the results of studies on female fantasies.  Ravishment fantasy is in the top 3 and depending on study you read, up to 57% of females list ravishment fantasy as one of theirs.  That puts it right up there as normal and since perversion is deviation from normal, guess who the pervert is...?

Enjoy! (now I can go back into NOT posting on the forums but couldn't resist this one for obvious reasons to some :) )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, she does have an agenda, Freya - you are perfectly correct. And as usual those with that agenda exist to tell others what they can and cannot do. Many women, myself included, love a lot of those fantasies the OP is railing against. So yes, Carlotta, Freya is correct: We're not interested in your silly senses of morality and out-dated shaming behavior, especially when you do it against other women.  You don't get to choose how we enjoy SL.  Go take your fight elsewhere, you'll find few on your side here.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! I have a good eye for this. :)

At this rate, we'll have a small bundle of folks not shy to admit they can handle a little slap with their tickle. GOOD. I hope you're all having a blast with your kinky selves. ;)

I'm certainly within the 57% statistic Sassy uses and have no trouble fulfilling my fantasies in a way that allows me to retain my autonomy and my freedom at the same time with no help from backwards fuddy-duddy's judging my mental health from afar. I ain't playing pretend and I've been at this for a while, I know what I like. I also know my facts and how to get what I want, so I don't need folks like Carlotta for anything.

I agree that this must be the worst platform to try and be a crusading puritan - I bet most of us have seen this strategy before and the associated attempt to reduce healthy communication and get us back in our compliant and missionary-style boxes.

Boring! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...