llceflib_host

KayaSong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi KayaSong,

I Googled "llceflib_host" and find some people wondering if virus scanning software might be marking that file as malware. If so, you'll have to whitelist "llceflib_host.exe". However, your statement that you got a "stopped working" message suggests that something else may be amiss. I don't think virus protection software would have let that run in the first place, so it couldn't stop working.

• Like 3

I wish I could be of more help. I'm not a Windows user. If you are a premium member, make use of Live Chat, the LL staff may be able to help. You'll find that here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

You might also try a different viewer. You'll find alternatives here... http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Look under "Active Full Viewers". Firestorm is a favorite of many. I suspect they'll all use the llceflib_host.exe program, but it's still worth a try. And if you do have a virus protection program installed, but don't know how to whitelist something, go to that vendor's support forum and ask for help, or simply turn it off briefly to see if it's causing the problem. But do be careful doing that!

Hmm "llceflib_host.exe has stopped working"  sounds like that plugin is crashing.

Which viewer are you using?

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Second Life/viewer name, copy all your system information given there & paste it into a reply here.

Are you doing anything in particular when you see that error message? Are you hanging around in places where there is lots of media content?

Does this only happen in a certain location?

it happens mostly when i am in my house. if i change clothes or put down furniture then walk around it stops working. i get a popup that say i can close it or search for a solution i have tried both choices.

Second Life 4.0.2 (312269) Mar 9 2016 16:36:13 (Second Life Release)

Release Notes

You are at 134.0, 130.0, 42.7 in Pleasant Crossing located at sim10291.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.13:13013)

SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pleasant%20Crossing/134/130/43

(global coordinates 259,718.0, 211,842.0, 42.7)

Second Life Server 16.02.17.311134

Retrieving...

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245e Processor (2892.74 MHz)

Memory: 3840 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4270

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.0024

OpenGL Version: 4.0.9836 Compatibility Profile Context

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.2

Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31

LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.5.3-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)

Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0017.21209

Built with MSVC version 1800

Packets Lost: 0/872 (0.0%)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.