Is sub-leasing a common practice?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to rent a beatufully decorated property from someone and they were willing too, even though they had rented it themself even the owner of the property had o issue with it, but it seems the place was already rented out to atleast 8 oher people as the prim counter showed furniture contributed by each person and its prim count, interesting. Also saw someone else there who claimed the home was hers since a year.

yes it is not very rare, major landlords allow it or even encourage.

With the current prices it's often not to earn a lot, but to divide costs for a larger property.

That you see different owners for the objects doesn't mean it's rented out to multiple people... many people have different items spreaded on more than one account. So if they need a table mr x rezzes it, the couch is rezzed by mr z .

Be very carefull in this kind of rentals, fraud waits around the corner. People can claim they own it or are main renter, you pay them and they run with your money, you stay behind with....nothing.

Be sure to talk to the real owner to find out it's safe.

Was there a rental box that you paid?  There are a lot of places to rent.  Personally, I would only rent where there was a rental box showing that the rental was vacant, and so once I paid, it would also show me as the current tennant.  This prevents problems of more than one avi thinking that they are the current renter. 

• 1 month later...

bebejee wrote:

I wanted to rent a beatufully decorated property from someone and they were willing too, even though they had rented it themself even the owner of the property had o issue with it, but it seems the place was already rented out to atleast 8 oher people as the prim counter showed furniture contributed by each person and its prim count, interesting. Also saw someone else there who claimed the home was hers since a year.

More crapposting huh beebs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.