I have a scribo in inventory that shows a locked icon when I click on properties. I cannot rez it?

aramanca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sorry, "scribe" was a typo. I meant Scribo, my subscribo controller to be exact. And I can't edit it, can only click on properties. There is no edit option until I can unlock it and it seems I can't unlock it to get the edit option. When I log out and back in, it reappears in inventory. When I try to restore in world, it disappears

2 answers to this question

A scribe, or a script?  If it's a script, then no, you cannot rez it.  A script is a set of instructions that tell the servers how to change some conditions in SL.  It can only exist in world if it is in an object of some kind.

If you really did mean a scribe -- a writing implement of some kind, like a pen -- then there's no reason why you can't rez it if you are in a place that allows you to.  You cannot edit an object while it is in your inventory. You must rez it and then select it with your editor.  If you see that locked icon, probably on the texture page, it means that you cannot change those properties.

aramanca wrote:

Sorry, "scribe" was a typo. I meant Scribo, my subscribo controller to be exact. And I can't edit it, can only click on properties. There is no edit option until I can unlock it and it seems I can't unlock it to get the edit option. When I log out and back in, it reappears in inventory. When I try to restore in world, it disappears

Aha!  I hadn't even considered that possibility. In that case, you will need to contact the merchant/creator you bought it from.  If you can't figure out how to unlock it by following instructions that came with the unit, the creator is your most reliable help.

BTW, if you are trying the use Firestorm's "Restore to Previous Position" function, you should be aware that the function will not work as expected unless you have rights to rez objects at location <0,0,0> (the extreme SW corner) on your region.  If you try, the object will either fail to rez or will be immediately returned to your Lost & Found folder.  Some no-copy items may actually be lost.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.