Sign in to follow this  
Tay Mefusula

Firestorm and Duel Graphics

Firestorm viewer for Secondlife will not start?..    AMD A10 7870K and MSI R7 250 running in dual graphics locks up at VFS initialization.   both graphic options running alone work fine with firestorm viewer. Problem only exists in duel graphics mode and hoping to get a bit more performance is why I added dual graphics in the first place.   Other games I have played work fine in dual graphics.

Driver Packaging Version 15.201.1151.1010-151118a-296614E

you'll need to contact the Firestorm group inworld if you are having no problems with the standard Second Life viewer. They also have a jira system on their website. If it's viewer related, you need to contact them rather than here in the forum.

Tay Mefusula wrote:

Firestorm viewer for Secondlife will not start?..    AMD A10 7870K and MSI R7 250 running in dual graphics locks up at VFS initialization.   both graphic options running alone work fine with firestorm viewer. Problem only exists in duel graphics mode and hoping to get a bit more performance is why I added dual graphics in the first place.   Other games I have played work fine in dual graphics.

You will not get the benefits of dual graphics no matter which viewer you are using as it is not supported.

SL  currently will only support single graphics card configuration.

PS I have dual HD7950 but do not get 'locked up' at login and everything is fine using FS. Just no added benefit for the extra card.

Tay Mefusula wrote:

Hoping to crossfire two different chipsets huh, I can see you enjoy a challenge. Though it may be obvious to most, just be aware that there's no real support when you choose these crazy custom configurations.

I don't understand it really, I've been using the default viewer that came with signing up, what is it with other viewers that makes it that much better, I don't have issues with it at all