Mainland Contributions Land Set to Group Help

Shhy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Square meters owned:3584
Square meters donated:1397
Premium Bonus in Square Meters:512

Paid Tier Level:8192

Available Square Meters:7307

Monthly Cost:*USD 40.00

I need help understanding all this please. Above is my land usage fees from my dashboard.In my Land & L$ this is what it shows.

Total land in use: 1536m

Land Available   :  1127m

Total Contribution  : 2663m

Your  Contribution : 1397m

What does all this mean?

I had land under a different group but moved it because I had a privet homestead deeded with the same group as my mainland and tech support said it was making my land use over. Now that I change to a group with no other land deeded to it, my payment when from $25 to $ 40. I have the same land and same Donated amount. All this is so confusing to me. Please help.

Hello, Nice to meet you.

I see you trying to get help through our forum pages but it will be more helpfull, if you try out, another community page called "Answers" .. 

If you post there, you will get 2-3 answers from the oldies of sl who love to help new members!

Wish you good luck but more wish you lots of fun with your SL adventures!

Answers url for the page --> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Answers/qac-p/Answers

Shhy wrote:

Square meters owned:
Square meters donated:
Premium Bonus in Square Meters:

Paid Tier Level:

Available Square Meters:

Monthly Cost:*
USD 40.00

I need help understanding all this please. Above is my land usage fees from my dashboard.In my Land & L$ this is what it shows.

What does all this mean?

I had land under a different group but moved it because I had a privet homestead deeded with the same group as my mainland and tech support said it was making my land use over. Now that I change to a group with no other land deeded to it, my payment when from $25 to $ 40. I have the same land and same Donated amount. All this is so confusing to me. Please help.

*I will of course gather all my poor English and try to explain whats that all about..

one at a time.

The first of what you say, 

Shhy wrote:

Square meters owned:
Square meters donated:
Premium Bonus in Square Meters:

Paid Tier Level:

Available Square Meters:

Monthly Cost:*
USD 40.00

What does all this mean?

That shows what was your "land activity" the month we are walking in ..

At least for 1 moment you had more than 4096m (total) in your possession and that raise your tier level at us$40

Reduce the land ownership of yours and next month will will downgrade to us$25

Reduce either the donation to the group , either your parcels in SL Mainland.

The total meters you own and donate has to be less than those who support a 4096m parcel.  (for to pay us$25)

Now the 2nd part of your question:

Shhy wrote:

What does all this mean?

These are details of a group who is deeded on a parcel of 1536 m.

A donation of approx. 1396 m. would be enough for that parcel.

As we see in your question, the total donations from you to that group are 1397 meters who are exactly fine.

But someone else has donate 1266m and so the group has available meters and can purchase more land! (1127m)

Buy a bigger parcel or reduce your donation to only 131 meters. ( 1266 someone else plus yours 131 makes exactly 1397 the exact amount of meters the parcel needs to have)

SL counts the total meters you had use in that month and it raise you up. sometimes is less good because you over exceed the limit from 4096m to 5120m for just for a sort time and you go from us$25 to us$40..

Its ok , don't worry, buy more land with these 7037 available meters you have , keep paying us$40 and you will enjoy SL more!

Or, reduce and stay at us$25.

Whatever you do with meters and donations, its not done until you check the proper box in your SL account page --> "Land manager" and then "Land use fees" and tick the box you want to charge you.

Resume:

SL moves you up even if you exceed the limit for 1 meter.

And nothing is done with billing for next month unless you tick the proper box in "Land Manager"

In SL Answers you can get faster and better answers to your questions!

SL Live chat for premiums is faster (and official) more than anything else! (When its open)

We enjoy SL even if we pay a bit more sometimes! :)

( Hey did i said they are so kind and sometimes they excuse our mistakes if we act fast and send a ticket to the proper category, fulfilled and explainable about our situation)

Waves and smiles,

beethros Karas

Inadvertent tier-ups is one of the ways Second Life bites hard, and loses customers, and they really should just bill people with less steep step-ups.

If  you had a parcel deeded to your group on a homestead sim, that would *not* affect your tier bill, it would only be a matter of paying cash to whomever you rented it from. Islands and homesteads are "0" in terms of the tier they use.

So what must have happened is that somehow in shifting around or deeding land on the Mainland, you tiered yourself up even by just adding a 16 m square or something.

The system does have fail-safes and does tell you very visibly and explicitly what will happen right on the about land panel -- it will say whether moving/buying land around from group to group will tier you up and cause you to have a higher bill, or not.

That's why you have to be careful when moving a parcel around from one group to another or changing anything about the size that you first add tier to yourself so that it is available for use, then attempt to buy the land to move it. it's helpful even to have two groups to move back and forth. But don't leave them under-tiered or Linden Lab will seize that land not covered by your tier.

It's confusing but just think of it as a ladder that you have to have a foot to step on at every level.

Shhy wrote:

I find this very confusing.  Firstly, this, "I had a privet homestead deeded with the same group as my mainland."  As far as I know, you can't actually own a homestead (or land on a homestead) without first owning a full sim, which you obviously don't... therefore, how you could deed homestead land that you don't own to a group (any group), I've no idea.  Perhaps you simply donated land to a group owned by the actual owner of the land, in which case, you'd just have to rescind your donation to that group.

Secondly, this, "and tech support said it was making my land use over."  If support told you that your land use was over before you even finagled with your group donations, then you had already set yourself to the next tier level... meaning that, at that point, the best you could hope for is to be able to reduce your tier level in the upcoming month.

By the numbers you've supplied, your total holdings are 4981, which is 885 over the 4096 threshold for the $25 tier amount.  If you haven't rescinded your donation to one group but donated to another group, that might be the issue.  In which case, you need to figure out from where (which group and/or land) your donations need to be rescinded and do so by at least 885.  Once you do that, you'll be able to go back to your land holdings and update your tier to a lower level.  Please note that you must do this manually... it doesn't happen automatically.  Also note that this lower tier will only take effect next month... there's no way to get out of paying the $40 tier for this month, now that you've inadvertently increased your tier level.

Hope this helps ...Dres

You can rent a homestead and deed it to group just like mainland. On mainland under about land---> Covenant it has "nobody " as owner, even though you supposedly own it. Renting a homestead is the same will have you or group as owner under General tad, but true owner under Covenant tab.

Shhy wrote:

You can rent a homestead and deed it to group just like mainland. On mainland under about land---> Covenant it has "nobody " as owner, even though you supposedly own it. Renting a homestead is the same will have you or group as owner under General tad, but true owner under Covenant tab.

Oh, okay.  I've never rented, so I didn't know.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.