Sign in to follow this  
Inanna Andel

Licences to use builders things on other grids?

Was curious, and I know other builders that have done this on other grids, I do video work on a few of the grids out there and build.  My question is this, is it possible to get a license from a building SL or if that exists, to be allowed to use their things on other grids.  Also give them absolute credit and location of where that material can be found.  Making no money or anything off it but just to be used on a build.  Not selling it but for personal use.  The License would include the costs of the items that the person paying for the license wants to use.  Just an idea if it is not already being done, I was told it was by certain builders but not sure.

Inanna

If a creator allows you to use a creation elsewhere, you can use it elsewhere. But you do have to get that permssion first.

You would just have to ask the creator on a case by case basis. I know of some who are happy to have their items used this way and others that already have multi grid presence so you can source what you need on site, could even offer to make it worth their while to set up the availability for you on a one off basis.

All depends on the individual case.

I would think that you would want to have some substantial documentation on the permission being given. I have no iidea how that would work.

Some creators(I wouldn't use the term builders, beacuse not all are) offer a license to customers that allows them to use products they purchse in other locations, like other grids. however, the vast majority, you will find, do not offer this.

That said, you need to take it on an individual basis, and actually ASK each creator. The same applies to objects, or "things" you get from elsewhere on the web and not from sl creators...you must always ASK if they do not provide specific permision to utilize the products however you wish.

It doesn't usally matter whether or not one wants to profit off those things, though in some instances it may change the wording in the permission(s) a creator offers. 

Long story shorter...some people care, some people don't, some will charge and some won't...you will ned to ask each and every individual creator(very specifically) to find out for sure. No one here can answer that for anyone else :) 

Not sure if I am allowed to mention it here, but there IS a marketplace that sells stuff so it can be delivered to any grid.

Name begins with a K, ends with itely ;)

People there (including myself) sell items to any grid which has hypergrid. 

If that is not of interest then everyone else here is correct. If in doubt, ask.