Is there another way to make or a known source of a belt/sash that is from shoulder to hip?

Evelyn Theseus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After searching the Marketplace and other sources of advice that relate to SL and trying with every prim available to all who build in-world to make the right belt/sash, I call out once more if anyone could please assist with the humiliating question above. To also help on what kind, I will provide a link of the ideal kind.

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Basic prim belts are fairly easy.  The "classical" way to do it is to start with either a hollowed cylinder or a torus and then stretch it horizontally to make an oval that is roughly your waist's shape. If your starting shape is a hollowed cylinder, you can taper it if necesary so that it matches the flare of your hips. If you make the iunside diameter of the belt smaller than your own waist, so that part of the belt is actually hidden inside your body, there won't be as many odd gaps as you twist and turn.  Anyway, link a buckle to it and you have a belt.

The result is not truly a super-looking belt, but it's about the best you can do if you're not skilled at making mesh (which is by far the better choice).  Classical prim belts served us well in SL for many years, and I still have quite a few in my inventory. You can make prim sashes the same way, but they are nowhere near as satisfying as belts.  After all, your waist is close to being oval, but an oval doesn't fit properly over shoulders, breasts, and whatever.

• Like 1

Thank you for a response. I'm afraid I have tried what you have stated in reply. True it can't be a 'Fit to a T' as I have found out with the available prims. As for mesh, it would be more fitting. My downside for that is I have no skills in mesh and unable to have either 3D programme installed on my OS. Again, thank you for the answer which will be appreciated to the end. :D

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid the sash from the provided link isn't the type I'm looking and trying to create. Yes, shoulder to hip, I forgot to state in the main post that the preferred way is left to right. However, I will consider the suggestion of getting in touch with the creator since its contour is rather fitting. So again, thank you for your answer, it will be greatly appreciated to the end. :D

Thank you for your reply. I'm not asking for the creation of the sash/belt in question - mostly just if anyone knew a way I may have over-looked on the available prims to have even a 50/50 shot of the kind I have in mind. However I will take in consideration of asking for a custom made type. Again, thank you for your answer, it is very appreciated. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.