Blender landscape not working with physics in SL

AnneCosmo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I created a landscape in blender and I have uploaded it succesfully into SL, In the landscape there is some what of a River/lake area in between two hills, when I went to go walk on it, I was happy to see that I could walk on the hill succesfully, but when I atempted to walk down to the lack bed, instead of going down hill, I ended up walking out and hovering over the lake.
I checked this forum post out: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Blender-collision-model/td-p/1478369
yet nothing anyone suggested worked, my toon still hovers over the lake/river area, is there something I need to do in blender to make it so I can walk down in between the two hills?
I really don't want to have to make it into two seperate objects...

For accurate walkable landscapes, you will usually need two things. First, a triangle-based physics shape that matches the visible mesh. T get this, you have to select the high LOD as the physics mesh on the physics tab of the uploader, and to NOT click "Analyze".  Second, inworld, you need to set the physics shape type to "Prim" on the features tab of the edit dialog.

If you have too many triangles, the physics weight will be too high. It can even be so high that you can't rez the mesh. So it is important to reduce the triangle count as far as possible. You may be able to use a simplified mesh as the physics shape, but as you do so the walkable surface will start to mismatch the visible surface more and more.

The above points have assumed that you are talking about a mesh landscape, not a sculpty. Sculpty physics shapes are fixed and do not match the visible shape at all (other than overall dimensions). They also refer to a single mesh. If your lanscape is multiple mesh objects, the same should apply. In addition, iy you supply a separate physics mesh, you will have to use the new naming convention (suffix "_PHYS" on high LOD mesh object names) for the objects in the physics mesh, so thast the physics objects get associated with the right visible objects.

See this thread for an example.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.