help with this hair

KimberTease

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

first of all Im new, so i apologize for anything that sounds dumb, or not knowing the right venacular for things. i really loved my starting advatars hair. it was daisy and its a beautiful strawberry blonde red color. what color would you call it? i just want some moveable hair (not sure if thats rigged mesh or flex) in that color. i try to search those color names and cant find anything close. but i think the marketplace can be tempermental. any reccomended shops or things to search for that mught help?

The Daisy avatar hair is rigged, and you can still use it, even if you have stopped using the rest of that avatar.  However, if you are looking for similar styles in that colour, then most of the popular hair stores carry a range of red/strawberry blonde/auburn shades.  I would check out Truth, Lelutka, Wasabi Pills, Exile, Envogue, Magika and Mina to start with.  You'll find most of them have a presence on the marketplace, as well as inworld.  I strongly advise against buying any hair that does not offer a demo, in at least a couple of colours.

The rigged mesh hair from the Daisy starter avatar is very good. Getting an exact match might be tricky because of the distinct fade in the colour; at some points it's a fairly strong cinnamon red, at others a gingery blonde. Colour names are very tricky too, because there's no standardisation - one brand's ginger will be someone else's 'Jupiter' and another's 'Red02'.

That said, most stores will sell hair in packs of similar tones, so as an example, Truth's 'gingers' colour pack has some very similar tones to the Daisy hair. Lelutka's Strawberry Shortcake is similar to the darker tones, and their 'Auburn Haze' is like the lighter tones. Entwined have some similar tones in their light reds pack... the list could go an and on.

It's likely that most stores have something in their range that's close, so my advice would be to try plenty of demos and get an idea which stores sell colours you like.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.