what does gacha mean

TimeofSilks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I found these items called gacha. If you buy them does that mean you buy them all or just one randomly for the high price? the word kind of confuses me. I have heard of it before but not in buyable terms. I know they are supposed to be used for some types of arcades like prizes? I would like to know more about them, so please give me as much info on them as you can thank you:) -not sure this is the right forum, hope it is

Edit:I just researched, does it only mean only trans no copy, mod or refunds?

2 answers to this question

Gacha items are always no copy. Some are mod and some no mod and there are no refunds. Double items can be sold at yardsales - just type that in the search and you'll see tons. 

IMO yardsales are best for when you want to have the whole collection, there are some designers that really make a huge effort and create wonderfull collections and I used to spend a lot of money to get all items from the gacha machine. Now I just visit yardsales and buy exactly what I need. 

• Like 2

"Gacha" is a term borrowed from Real Life.  It comes from a popular feature of Japanese social games.  See this link for an explanation of Real Life Gacha: http://www.serkantoto.com/2012/02/21/gacha-social-games/

In Second Life, a Gacha machine is a sort of a cross between a regular vendor and a lottery.

A Gacha machine is sort of like a gumball machine.  You pay it, and it will give you ONE item from its contents, selected at random.  I'm not sure what you mean by "the high price"...most Gacha machines charge a much lower price than you would pay for the item normally, because of the element of chance involved.

The items awarded can vary in their permissions.  Most SL items are sold as Modify, Transfer, No Copy, although items often given as gifts, like jewelry, may be No Transfer, Copy.  In Gacha machines, the permissions are nearly always No Copy, Transfer...because a lot of people like to try to resell unwanted prizes.  The permissions of any item (whether you buy it in a Gacha machine or not) are set by the creator.

Almost all items in Second Life are sold with a No Refund policy.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.