how to turn an object to vendor...

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

...as simple as it can be.

I made 6 rings and a display.

I find some 300 linden scripts that say I only can sell 4 items with them.  So I must split the 6 items to two displays (am in 0 prim situation) and also I bought the demo version and tried to apply it but didn't work. The opposite would be a surprise.

Is there any miraculously simple way to do as the subject line say?

I can successfully add a giver script right now to objects while neverheless multiplegiver scripts do not function but for only one item at sl home.  Especially the vendor script I tried it to a sandbox.

P.S. I managed finally to make a mutiplegiver script function. Am not sure which one as I have 2-3 of them, hope I'll find it as I'm gonna need it again any moment now.  Did not do same for the multiple item vendor script.  Well it's not possible to make 6 one item vendors for 6 rings almost identical, it would be stupid.  I decided to give them away instead of selling them for now.  Not very professional?  Back home in rl we have a joke, "just check the encyclopedia for the entry 'unprofessional behavior', there is your picture next to the descirption."

1 answer to this question

The simplest vendors are one prim signs that sell only one item per vendor.  You see them in stores everywhere!  There are free versions of scripts for this type of vendor available.  It's really easy to set up this sort of vendor.  Rez a prim of the appropriate size.  Drop the script and the item you're selling into it.  Texture the face of the sign with a picture of your item, and you're done.  You'll notice that most items you buy consist of more than one object.  Most sellers will put the parts of the thing they are selling, along with a picture of it, a thank you note, a user information note, and a store landmark into a box, and then put the box into the vendor.

Multi-item vendors are more complicated.  They have several display panels to show a selection of their contents, and users can click buttons to cycle the vendor through its contents until they find the item they want to buy.  There are commercial versions of these available, and they are relatively pricey but have lots and lots of features.

Most stores use the single item type vendors, and most customers prefer them because they are so straightforward to use.  Vehicle sellers seem to favor the multi-item vendors for some reason.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.