Mouselook-like controls outside mouselook?

Noel Loordes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I wondered, whether it's possible to get mouselook-alike controls while not being in mouselook? That is turning by mouse movement (without keeping the mouse button pressed all the time), strafing by default...

It would be sort of useful for melee combat, probably even for 3d person ranged combat. Though being useful for both would require the solution to make scripts optionally think the client being in mouselook mode or not (CONTROL_ML_LBUTTON vs CONTROL_LBUTTON).

pretty much the same answer I'm afraid, although SOME things can be forced open in mouselook on some viewers....

for instance, pressing ctrl+h will open your chat history in mouselook, (at least it does in the v1 based viewer) and other keyboard shorcut windows may also work)

one other thing that might help for "mouslook in normal view" type behavior, is to use a joystick to map movenet controls... which might let you mimic some of the fluidity of mouselook precision.

Well, sadly it doesn't help much. It's not the strafing which is of primary importance but rather the mouse-turning.

I know you can get this type of control by holding [Alt], but this makes Second Life beyond unergonomic.

Well, more arcade like controls (Press down -> run and face backward) would be okay too :-)

Noel Loordes wrote:

Well, sadly it doesn't help much. It's not the strafing which is of primary importance but rather the mouse-turning.

I know you can get this type of control by holding
[Alt]
, but this makes Second Life beyond unergonomic.

Well, more arcade like controls (Press down -> run
and
face backward) would be okay too :-)

If there's any kind of keyboard combos that let mouselook-style camera and turning happen outside of mouselook, then it's guaranteed that the GlovePIE input emulator can do it. You said ALT + mouse axis? it can do that, and remap that to anything you want. It can't do the "L mouse button + click on AV" to spin the camera because it can't read where you're clicking on the screen, but if it's only keyboard and mouse input it can.

• 8 months later...

There's a thing the OS can do, called clicklock, it might help you. What it does: you click once, and the system will think you began holding the left mouse button, then you click again and releases the button. This way you don't have to hold it all the time. Here's a guide about it: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-clicklock-in-windows-7-for-better-mouse.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.