Can I really be reported for this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

steph Arnott wrote:

your correct as in inflexible and fixed in a mindset without even thinking of the OPs upbringing, country or personal beliefs, Its call tolarance of others, a fundemental social skill of 50,000 years in development.

I have found Second Life as a world, including Second Life's residents, to be the most tolerant place I've ever seen or heard about, let alone been a part of. Seriously. I'm a male biologically but there is such a strong female component in my psyche that I feel compelled to dress as and behave as a woman. It's impossible to explain how that works so I won't, I'll just state the fact. Do you have even a tiny idea of the intolerance someone like me faces in Real LIfe? Any? For the record, I never came out; I made sure I was places I could be comfortable when I dressed, but many are braver. And I live in California, widely regarded as a very liberal and tolerant place.

In a town not fifty miles from my house, a 17-year-old girl who was still pre-op, but a committed TG, was BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A SHOVEL in the kitchen of her apartment because a boy who she'd given oral sex at a party had learned she was really a male. He brought along two of his buddies to help out, and they did. How's that for intolerance, Steph?

That's RL. I started out in SL staying entirely within the TG community because I assumed SL would resemble RL. I eventually learned, mostly from the casual behavior of guys who were neighbors or acquaintances or even people on this forum, that tolerance here is for the most part a given. Who you are (as in your race, creed, gender (well....maybe not that last but I don't want to step on Laskya's toes), sexual preference) matters not to most of us. Political inclination does, but not nearly as much as it does in RL. Attitude does for sure, because we're people. But as a group one thing we do have, and I know this personally from my experience, is tolerance.

To everyone but Steph, pardon the rant. I got off on a bit of a tangent and got carried away. I won't worry in Steph's case because she probably pegged me as old (correctly, I might add: 30 was a long time ago) so I'm sure she didn't bother reading.

So, just for you, Steph. In this thread and in several others, you have come across as one of the most intolerant people I've ever seen. And one thing the forumites as a group generally do NOT tolerate is intellectual intolerance. You're the one who needs to learn other views have as much merit as yours, and thus if you want to disagree do so with logic, not with age-based bullbleep.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

steph Arnott wrote:

your correct as in inflexible and fixed in a mindset without even thinking of the OPs upbringing, country or personal beliefs, Its call tolarance of others, a fundemental social skill of 50,000 years in development.

I have found Second Life as a world, including Second Life's residents, to be the most tolerant place I've ever seen or heard about, let alone been a part of. Seriously. I'm a male biologically but there is such a strong female component in my psyche that I feel compelled to dress as and behave as a woman. It's impossible to explain how that works so I won't, I'll just state the fact. Do you have even a tiny idea of the intolerance someone like me faces in Real LIfe? Any? For the record, I never came out; I made sure I was places I could be comfortable when I dressed, but many are braver. And I live in California, widely regarded as a very liberal and tolerant place.

In a town not fifty miles from my house, a 17-year-old girl who was still pre-op, but a committed TG, was BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A SHOVEL in the kitchen of her apartment because a boy who she'd given oral sex at a party had learned she was really a male. He brought along two of his buddies to help out, and they did. How's that for intolerance, Steph?

That's RL. I started out in SL staying entirely within the TG community because I assumed SL would resemble RL. I eventually learned, mostly from the casual behavior of guys who were neighbors or acquaintances or even people on this forum, that tolerance here is for the most part a given. Who you are (as in your race, creed, gender (well....maybe not that last but I don't want to step on Laskya's toes), sexual preference) matters not to most of us. Political inclination does, but not nearly as much as it does in RL. Attitude does for sure, because we're people. But as a group one thing we do have, and I know this personally from my experience, is tolerance.

To everyone but Steph, pardon the rant. I got off on a bit of a tangent and got carried away. I won't worry in Steph's case because she probably pegged me as old (correctly, I might add: 30 was a long time ago) so I'm sure she didn't bother reading.

So, just for you, Steph. In this thread and in several others, you have come across as one of the most intolerant people I've ever seen. And one thing the forumites as a group generally do NOT tolerate is intellectual intolerance. You're the one who needs to learn other views have as much merit as yours, and thus if you want to disagree do so with logic, not with age-based bullbleep.

Thank you for this.

...Dres *hugs*

steph Arnott wrote:

Your bigotry hides just under your skin, constantly pokeing its foul stentch into the world, Who the feck do you think you are? Your a nobody that hangs around this forum like a leech with no home, you are and never will be GOD here. Your constant insults belay your true character as in "i know all and all must accept it" pfft. Go away olld man, the world is not your small world. Also you can shove that lot thru the "spell checker as the rest of us are too stupid to earn $2 miilon a year.

I honestly had to go back and see what I'd written to you that would require such a bizarre tirade, because nothing that you've said here made any sense.  After doing so, it still makes no sense.  I can only imagine that you've got some very deep-seated emotional issues that should probably be seen to by a professional.

...Dres

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Who you are (as in your race, creed, gender (well....maybe not that last but I don't want to step on Laskya's toes), sexual preference) matters not to most of us.

Gender shouldn't matter either, or age or species. SL was set up so that you can be the person you want to be. If you want to be a different gender, then be it; if you want to be an animal, go for it; want to be young again, then SL is the place; want to live out your sexual fantasy as a slave, it's yours. Even child avatars - I don't judge anyone.

People who are intolerant should never have signed up for SL, unless they have chosen to lead an isolated life - then stay out of everyone else's face.

When you form relationships in SL you do so with a buyer beware attitude.You may end up with someone who is not telling you the truth...well, this is SL. If this person came to SL wanting to be someone else, then why should anyone spoil that experience by demanding the truth

Well said!

In SL as few other places, what you are, or have, or have done IRL doesn't matter. It doesn't make you superior or inferior to anyone else. All that matters is your character, your personality, how you treat people, who you are aside from all the  labels that might limit you IRL.

All this sneering at people who are whatever you are not, just does not fly in SL or this forum. And that's why I like them both so much. 

steph Arnott wrote:

So what if it passed you by, your a nobody on a forum, do i care, NO.

Steph. You wrote that I (me. Phil) came with the insults first. But I didn't write anything, let alone anything insulting. You were mistaking me for someone else. THAT's what passed me and everyone else by. You made a mistake, and you still haven't noticed.

But it's good to know what you think of me, Steph. I shall keep that in mind for the future. But remember that you're the noob here, not me. So how come you think that I'm a nobody here. Surely, if either of us is a nobody here, it must be the noob - you.

Dresden wrote:

steph Arnott wrote:

Your bigotry hides just under your skin, constantly pokeing its foul stentch into the world, Who the feck do you think you are? Your a nobody that hangs around this forum like a leech with no home, you are and never will be GOD here. Your constant insults belay your true character as in "i know all and all must accept it" pfft. Go away olld man, the world is not your small world. Also you can shove that lot thru the "spell checker as the rest of us are too stupid to earn $2 miilon a year.

I honestly had to go back and see what I'd written to you that would require such a bizarre tirade, because nothing that you've said here made any sense.  After doing so, it still makes no sense.  I can only imagine that you've got some very deep-seated emotional issues that should probably be seen to by a professional.

...Dres

You didn't need to write anything negative, Dres. I didn't write anything at all, and she still managed to pick on me lol - and I came out of it as a nobody in this forum :D

steph Arnott wrote:

none from you, your below my social level, well below. Still keep dreaming.

Then surely, someone of your high social level should not be stooping to mix with lower class people like us. Should we be grateful that you lower yourself to mix with us? Should we be delighted at the opportunity to rub shoulders with someone like you who is way above our station? Tell us how we should interact with you, Steph. We need to know because we really don't want to make any mistakes with someone of your high standing.

steph Arnott wrote:

Also you can shove that lot thru the "spell checker as the rest of us are too stupid to earn $2 miilon a year.

You said in a post in the last few days that English is your 4th language. That's not true, Steph. English is your first language - your native language. There is very compelling evidence in this thread for that - and it indicates your native country too. So you can forget about using that to excuse your bad spelling.

There are several reasons for bad spelling in posts. One is typing fast, and not checking the post after typing it. Another is that English isn't the writer's native language. And yet another is that the person simply spells badly. There is no doubt that you fit into one of those categories, but it's not that English isn't your native language.

Btw, I have nothing at all against bad spelling, for whatever reason. I'm only talking about the way you try to excuse it; i.e. that Englsih isn't your native language, when it is.

The gentleman, and yes he is a gentle man, that is now mine and my sister's caretaker, I met in SL. He was on a female avi and we got to talking. He wasn't able to find work where he was living so I invited him to come live with my sister and me, though this was before we needed a caretaker. We were in a serious accident and are now both permanently disable. He could have left, but he didn't. Now I can't imagine life without him around 

What you are in SL can be fulfilling a fantasy, nothing more, nothing less. 

Oh, Madeline, if you need a place to rez out stuff for your comics, contact me. I have a nice place with extra prims you can use if you need it. 

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Oh, Madeline, if you need a place to rez out stuff for your comics, contact me. I have a nice place with extra prims you can use if you need it. 

Thank you so much for the offer, Bobbie. I'm not often in-world, nor for very long when I am. Other friends have offered temporary space as well, so I might try a little sofa surfing!

And comics? Comics??

I'll have you know that my soul cleansing service is as serious as it is effective!

And now that I look closely, I think I see a speck of dirt on yours. I'd be happy to take care of that for you.

I have nothing all that constructive to add, so I'll add something that is less than constructive...

People that absolutely need to attempt t degrade others, whether obvious to everyone else or not, lead very sad lives indeed. These are the kind of people I actually feel bad for, whether I should or not.

I knew people like you growing up too, and try as I might, as a child, I never understood why they were "mean", why they were "bullies", and why in the hell I wanted them to like me in the first place. Then I caught myself being mean to someone else, more than once, and I realized that those people who were hell bent on making others, or trying to, feel bad about themselves, must have not liked their own lives very much. Otherwise, why else would they do such things, just to be liked by others, who also did those same things. It's a very weird and vicious cycle, but it taught me a lot.

I now see those same bullies, those same mean people, especially on social network sites and I think  "wow, your life is really effd up to the max. I guess all that popularity wasn't really worth it, now was it". While they may have been liked, popular, seen as "cool", or whatever else, for the short term, growing up...as adults, they are the less accomplished, the least liked, the most rude(still), the ones who have more issues than time magazine archives..and generally, still haven't got their **bleep** together.

I liken most folks on the internet that absolutely must be rude for no apparent reason, as stuck in that same vicious cycle these people I know were stuck in, during our school years. It is one thing to state your mind, whenever you feel the need. It is another to try and convince people that you're not just being rude, you're being "honest". You can state your opinions without being a jerk. Being a jerk, is a choice some people make...and frankly, I still am of the belief that it is a choice they make because "being mean is cool".

Oh, and yes, there are likely typos, but I think everyone here is well aware of where they come from, at least from my end, lol. I used spell check this time though :D 

Perrie Juran wrote:

And you also reminded me of the Martian and the Cat. 
:)

I'd completely forgotten about that one, and I even had a couple of very tangential posts in it! You and Maddy are both right, though: Janelle Darkstone was/is brilliant. She could make you burst out laughing either with the written word or with her fabulous imagery. I'm not anything like an Internet cosmopolitan; the only forum I ever joined was this one (I later added one more, but wasn't really anything like active there until maybe three years ago) so this statement may not carry much weight (sing it, Paul!) but I have never seen anyone on this forum to equal her combination of brilliant artistry and fall-down humor.

I don't know if she could cajole actual humans to acquire the facial expressions and body language she used in the avatars that were part of her stories, but if she could I'd purely love to see a movie she wrote and directed. She could certainly create a graphic movie, let alone a graphic novel, that would be a massive hit.

She was constantly funny and constantly expressive. When she changed her avatar it was an event! at least for me (speaking of which I like the Carnivorous Clover, Maddy). One of her last was the mini-skirted tank-topped babe with her thumb out to hitchhike, a big-ass 18 wheeler coming her way in the middle distance. A volume of story in an instant of image. And her constantly changing and constantly funny forum signatures, one of which I still use whenever I can do so appropriately.

"Of course you can have a cookie! Now get in the van."

Disclaimer: I am not now nor have I ever been in love with Janelle Darkstone. But damn, she is amazing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.