Can I really be reported for this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I wonder if this person is still deceiving people

Probably, and if not then there will be plenty of others to take his place.

It's not a nice thing to do but ultimately, unless they're trying to extort money or something, people really don't owe us any RL information. If one really wants to be absolutely RL certain of an RL characteristic, one knows where to look. Presumably one is in SL because one also wants to keep back some info. I say that as someone whose relationship did go to RL.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1

I don't expect the original asker is still around, however the topic came up and I peeked in and as a roleplayer do feel the need to say something.

I have to say in terms of the original asker of this question, I do doubt his reasons for doing this, if you want to see what people are getting up to in SL, your first thought isn't going to be, oh let's try a virtual relationship to find out.

There's certainly nothing wrong with a man roleplaying as a female, it wouldn't really interest me personally and I am an avid roleplayer. However, this is something that has to be done honestly. Many people take avatars at face value and have an expectation that most will be the same gender as the person sitting at the keyboard. It is naive, but there are a lot of naive people in the world.

I personally think that what you did was wrong, this man you were playing with, was obviously looking for real life connection with a female and you were selfishly just thinking of your own fun and exploration. Honesty is the only policy when it comes to roleplay because not everybody in SL is roleplaying, I am and like you, I play something completely different to myself, however, I am clear about that in my profile.

In terms of the report, I doubt he actually will, because he will have felt stupid and humiliated, but if he did report it, as others have said, nothing will really come of it.

To those who applaud you for coming out, so to speak, after all that time, I disagree, it was left too late, your heart may well have been in the right place in doing so, however, you obviously gave him no doubt as to what you were in real life, at least if your avatar had just disappeared from the grid, he might have been able to convince himself that it was just some female who got spooked at the thought of voice. Yes that may be a contradiction to the honesty is the only policy statement, but I meant from the very start and not so far down the line where the damage is already done.

All I can say to you, is that, if you decide to create an alt and do this all over again, be mindful, that some people invest their real life heart into SL relationships and not all are looking for fun and games.

Edited by Frank Ziplon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.