Help - Can't find clothes for Talisman

mrcjevans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

the help mostly says it already....

:"Alpha hud will help while wearing 3rd party clothes but you don't need alphas for bonus clothes"

you will need to buy the special designed clothes, ór find other mesh clothes ... and need the alpha hud to hide the body parts that peek out.

Go around, and try a lot....but  it's the biggest problem with mesh avatars that doesn't has the basic body form, clothes will simply not fit or look odd.

You knew that you bought an avatar that was difficult to buy clothes for, didn't you?

Did you demo avatars like Niramyth Aesthetic? These two avatars, Enzo and Smith, is very muscular. Maybe you could try demos marked "made for Aesthetic" and see if you have more luck. I can also recommend you demo Lapointe & Bastchild, they include more sizes than the average clothes store.

Fitmesh is useless imho. I have 6 avatars, three male and three female. Only fitmesh created specifically for an avatar is worth anything. For example can fitmesh for Maitreya Lara look totally wonderful, if it is made by one of five skilled creators. The others try their best, and much can fit. A poorly made fitmesh garment is worse than standard sizing.

What you can do, is using more shapes. I don't know if you are familiar with the shape sliders when you go into appearance mode? You should try and use them and make shapes to wear with clothes. Let us say you buy an open jacket from Lapointe & Bastchild, the alpha cuts in the Talisman avatar does not fit the jacket XL size, but you can try to take in torso muscles. The chest is the only visible part under the jacket, so shrinking inside the jacket does not change your appearance. Save this shape as "Jacket shape" and put a copy in the folder with the jacket. When you undress, you will have to change shape back to the default. Here is where outfits folders come in handy. Have a "nude" outfit with male attachments and default shape, an outfit for the beach, for the winter sim, the formal dance, and so on.

Making outfits is easier than you think, when you have your look complete with hair, shoes and clothes, simply right-click yourself, select appearance, and locate the "make outfit" button. Make sure you name the outfit so it is easy to find. 

Lots of work, I know, but mesh avatars are more demanding than standard avatars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.