Unable to connect with viewer 2.5.x or 2.6 beta after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.6.7

Gavin Hird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2.5.2 simply says 'Connection refused'? Nothing else???

I didn't think a beta version would demeand you downloaded a previous prod. version of the viewer.

Have you tried to set everything up like a new installation? I mean; removing all the setting files, caches, and avatar specific files from ~/library/Application support/SecondLife? (Keeping im and chat logs, of course)

Anyways. Interesting to hear of issues popping up after the update.

- Luc -

Yes, it displays the mandatory "Despite our best effort..." dialog and when you dismiss that it displays Connection refused as in the screenshot below.

I have not removed any avatar specific files as they have not been touched by the system upgrade. To me it looks like the server side does not identify the viewer + OS version as an approved or known combination. 

Screen shot 2011-03-22 at 13.33.35.png

That is a strange message. You could be right that is is a server response. But why do you get the message just because you upgraded the OS, I wonder? Is it possible that the upgrade did something to the settings in the system firewall? The one in system prefs? Or the one in the router?

You may have tried these things, or they may not make a difference. You could try resetting the modem and the router; Unplug them for a minute or so, and plug them back in. You could try to empty the cache and move the SL folder from the path I mentioned before to the desktop and see if the message is still there. If it does not make a difference you move the folder back, though.

I'm not sure what else to suggest...

- Luc -

It is working now, so it must have been server side.

No changes were made in the system firewall, and besides it is actually not running on this system (default Mac OS X configuration). Little Snitch is a good tool to understand what is going on on your system with network connections and there was nothing unusual my side of the equation. 

I'll just close this thread if I find out how. :-))

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.