Sl keeps crashing on me after I updated it, cleared cache, and even reinstalled it. What's going on?

tekkenfreak4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Second Life Vierer keeps crashing on me. I Updated it, cleared the cache, and even reinstalled it. Nothing is working. I can log in ok and it loads up fine, but after like a minute (to let everything bake) it crashes. it does it no matter what sim I rez into.Before the reinstall, none of my avatars or HUDS were loading correctly either. Any idea what's going on and how can I fix this?

UPDATE: This forum won't even let me copy paste. I try CTRL+V and it gives me a little message saying to use ctrl+v to Paste. So Yeah, I guess this is a dead post now. Sorry for wasting your time.

4 answers to this question

well yesterday SL was having issues even despite not having the grid status showing it or not-- i was ona sim of 71 peopel and all of us but 21  were crashed by SL---plus other strange things have happened---like huds not working....avatar mesh not viewing proerly...so it was NOT you---it was SL

When you ask a question like this, it's really important to tell us what sort of computer you are using, what operating system is on it, and how you are connected to the Internet.  It's very hard to offer much more than random guesses without having that basic information.  The easiest thing to do is open your viewer as if you are logging in, but don't log in.  Instead, click Help >>> About Second Life in the upper left corner of the login screen.  Then copy the contents of the window that opens into your Clipboard by clicking on the obvious button.  Come back here and edit your original question (Upper right corner >> Options >> Edit) by pasting the information into it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.