Transaction History and Login Timeout

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(File this under 'WTH happened?')

I tend to view my SL Transaction History page quite a few times during a normal day. For a long time now I could leave the page open in a Browser Tab/Window then just hit Refresh in my browser to get a current detail listing. But recently there was a change made in the login process that makes this simple procedure impossible.

When you log in to the web-side of SL, you enter your Account Name and Password (your "credentials"). Those are stored in a cookie or some other form of persistent storage. It used to be that the information was "live" for many hours. That meant I could log in once during the day then periodically refresh the Transaction History page to get a current report.

But now the login credentials expire .. seemingly within minutes. Every time I hit Refresh, I am sent BACK to the login page to re-enter my credentials. Using the "View" button on the Transaction History page just yields a warning about "Stale Session" and demands I Refresh. Refresh means .. log in again.

What happened? Why do the login credentials expire so fast? Why isn't there a real "Update" button on the Transaction History page? Why did this get "Fixed" like this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.