Hello my friend recently got banned from Paleoquest SIM for no reason, could someone help?

GinDai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello we were about to start doing the quest line in Paleoquest with 0 intention to cheat, we come here often just to play it but today my friend got banned saying that she had some sort of hud that was effecting the game play and we dont know what it was or anything we are just hoping to get her unbanned some how and wondering the step of how to do this? Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Paleoquest is a Linden made and run game. The forum is for users. So, we can't help you or your friend.

You can read about Paleoquest in the Wiki: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:PaleoQuest

Since you aren't giving us any of your friends computer specs or information about the HUD's they may have been using, we can be much help. All we can do is guess. My guess and experience tells me the "no reason" is probably not accurate. It is just a matter of whether you realized what the problem is.

In any event your friend needs to file a trouble ticket with support and see if they will help. I and the other users here in the forum can't do anything for you... other than empathize with your predicament. 

If this happened to me, I would remove all HUD's and wear an avatar and outfit from the Invenotry Library and try again. If that didn't work I would then file a rouble ticket.

• Like 3

The new banning system appears to be overly sensitive, and may be reactiing to other HUDs being worn while playing. As well as submitting a support ticket (several of which have been closed with no further action, while others have successfully had bans lifted), if you have the specifics of what you were doing  / details of HUDs worn during the game as the time of the ban, and any log files from you viewer, please consider adding a comment to the following JIRA:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11533 - "Paleoquest anti-cheating measures are too sensitive"

Remember to be concise in your explanation of what happened - time, what you were doing, notification given, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.