Second life won't launch or download

legolaisgon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im on mac osx and i have an account. I click "launch game" but it immediatly says "your computer dosnt have the correct app to open this file" on the browser. I have checked system requirements, and I have optimal capabilities (for a mac).

What should be my next course of action?

2 answers to this question

Aha!  It sounds like you are trying to access Second Life from your web browser by clicking on a "SLURL", a web address of a Second Life location.  This can, indeed, be done but it is not the primary method of getting into Second Life.

The first thing you need to do is to download and install the Second Life "viewer" software.  You can do that by clicking the "Download Second Life" link at the very bottom right of this page.

Once you've downloaded and installed the viewer, open that application, and enter your user name and password.  After a few moments, you'll find yourself in Second Life.

• Like 1

Also, after downloading the viewer for the Mac OS, the first time you run the viewer application, you may need to do so by right clicking it in the application directory and choosing "open".  After that, you can start the application normally. (This has to do with security settinngs you might or might not have set on allowed software that is not downloaded from the Mac app store.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.