How popular is renting V buying now?

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, I've got some land which I wanted to sell, but I was thinking it might actually be better to just rent it out. However I'm not too sure whether I'm right in that or not: is there more demand for buying land or for renting these days in SL? I was thinking I could rent it for a bit less than someone would pay on tiers for it, so it mght be good for those wanting land without premium membership.

Any thoughts?

when i see the price you ask for two 512 plots i wouldnt count on a lot of interest unless you have a gold bar hidden on it somewhere.

Have a look at the selling prices inworld.. some parcels are set for 0.3 L per sqm and not even selling. That would mean a sales price around  310 L for both your parcels together instead of  2 x  6500

If your's is just green flat land, not roadside, not ocean side and no bay city..... i would abandon, the tier isn't worth keeping it.

The risk of abandoned land around it is making it even more risky... as soon, if, it gets on auction some horrific building/club/breeder can rise in your backyard.

I have been in the rentals business for more than 11 years in Second Life, and I have new customers every day. This surprises even me. How can this be? Some of the people are brand-new to Second Life and saw an ad or read about it. Quite a few have sold their land or left rentals that are supposedly purchases on islands -- the owner suddenly dumps them and disappears.

So why not rent out your land? I have an open-source rental script if you don't want to invest in a rental system.

It is hard to sell land for more than a dollar or even half a dollar a meter now, it's a buyer's market.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.