Product reviewing issue needs to be addressed

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alot of people are not posting feedback of what they bought and one of the reasons could be having to search for the item again to post a review, there are simple ways to do that but lazy us rather avoid it, I do at times too especially if i have bought to many things in one go.

I think LL needs to step in and do this, after purchasing the product the page should automatically have a popup to review the thing you bought, it will stay till you close the popup or post a review in it, if you dont want to thats fine too, however its awful to see many nice things gone unreviewed, sometimes the entire product range by a creator has not got a single review even if the have a dozen pages of stuff in their store on marketplace.

Their hardwork needs to be acknowledged and critiqued.

to be honest... no thanks...

for what reason should somebody review anyway? to praise them?... hey i buy a product because i want it, and expect it works/looks as shown on the webpage. Why review?... it should be perfect anyway... or do we need to tell a creator of green cubes his cubes are so green?...pretty useless

For most products it''s also so fake as it can be. There been several adds at the inworld employment forum for people to write reviews.

buying it is already the review for a item.

I agree with Jenni.  I wouldn't want pop-ups nagging me to do reviews.  It's not that hard to find the items you've purchased if you do want to do a review - just go to your marketplace order history, and the link is in the details shown for each product.  

Besides, right after an item has been purchased is probably not the right time to make a review of it - after you've received it and tried it out is a better time for a more complete review of an item. If after you've opened and had a chance to try something out, if you really like it, go back to your order history and leave a review.

I dont usually bother reviewing demos cause if I buy the item that in its self, is the review. 

But I agree with bebejee...it needs to be made easier to get back to leave a review. Maybe a notecard with url back to item would work and be inconspicuous to those who dont want to use it. 

I'll actually back this.

Under the concept that, in order to know what needs to be improved or what works with people. Feedback is critical for this. A vendor can only know so much as to why his or her's creation is popular or unpopular. Pricing? Quality? Which is it? It'd be nice to know to actually take some time to review the product. I try doing this as much as possible and it would really be nice if what you buy in-world that's also available on the Marketplace, you could review too. Not just what you buy in the marketplace restrictly.

Also, reviews are important to pointing out items that could be faked or stolen. The less reviews that happens, it's going to prop up issues that could get out of hand. I'll also add that vendors should be revoked from hiding reviews under the basis of protecting their credibility for their shady practices if they're found at fault. But to make that balanced, I think some aspects of that review should be moderated.

A popup window would be seriously annoying so that's not a good idea at all, but as it is now the links to products to review are so well hidden you really have to work hard to find them at all and that not a good idea either.

A serious online marketplace would have had a discreet way to remind buyers to leave feedback - a simple link to a list of unreviewed purchases for example.

But of course, the Second Life MP isn't a serious Marketplace by any standard and this is just one of countless easy to implement functions it's missing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.