Sign in to follow this  
Trin1

Rumors about mass bannings and sim deletion?

I've been hearing rumors about animation and other content creators being banned for "no reason" and sims being deleted for "no reason".

Is there any truth to this or is it just drama, cause drama always seems to follow the rumors. :/

rumours sometimes...rarely... have some truth in them....

but i didn't hear anything.

a clean up for the copybotters who populate MP and own huge stores inworld... wouldn't be a bad thing at all...

It's true, but you'll want to go to another forum (SLU for example) to discuss it.

It's not exactly "for no reason" but the reason is, uh, unusual. Anyway, again, this is just not the right place for the discussion. Trust me on that.

If you read the bottom of this JIRA, you'll see that Whirly Fizzle attempted to post to this thread...

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7298?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=493393#comment-493393

So it seems a mistake was made, and is being corrected.

I would not read the failure of Whirly's post to stick to be anything more than a bug in the forum. I've had quite a few of my posts fail to stick over the years, and the root cause has yet to be identified.

ETA: It'll take a bit of drag/copy/paste to extract the URLs, but Whirly has provided links to four web pages discussing this issue. You'll find them at the JIRA link I posted above.

Phil Deakins wrote:

A hint about the reason would be welcomed
;)

Apparently the marketplace pictures, not the actual products.

But the problem is that no reason for the bans was initially given by LL. More of their "For me to know and you to find out" policy.

Al your "Rejected" posts can be found by selecting this link:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected%3Aforum

As you ca see the picture below, Lithium will sort things nicely by Forum Class.

The\ premod\ sub directory seems to indicate that the Lithium System made a decision to reject the post based on some set of rules that we are unaware of. The errant post(s) await a moderator's approval that never comes.

I cleared out my own history of failed posts in January and my posts count fell by 33 posts. I had rejected posts and pictures in this Sargasso Sea of flotsam & jetsam. I couldn't make any rhyme or reason why some of my posts were rejected save a few that had externat URLs in them.

Any ideas as you all look in your own Appenix?

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

If you read the bottom of this JIRA, you'll see that Whirly Fizzle attempted to post to this thread...

So it seems a mistake was made, and is being corrected.

I would not read the failure of Whirly's post to stick to be anything more than a bug in the forum. I've had quite a few of my posts fail to stick over the years, and the root cause has yet to be identified.

ETA: It'll take a bit of drag/copy/paste to extract the URLs, but Whirly has provided links to four web pages discussing this issue. You'll find them at the JIRA link I posted above.

As for being corrected I think not! I reported this via JIRA over a year ago and mentioned it here in a separate post as well as have many others. I can't remember where it was merged into.

Curiously, my unmoderated items list has always been empty, even as posts I make vanish into the Ether. I think this particular mystery is being orchestrated by people at least as nefarious (Incompetent?) as us.

I meant that some sims may have been taken down by mistake and that's being corrected. As for the forum posting bug, I don't expect that'll ever be fixed, as Lithium isn't something LL controls... or understands.

Curiously, my unmoderated items list has always been empty, even as posts I make vanish into the Ether. I think this particular mystery is being orchestrated by people at least as nefarious (Incompetent?) as us.

Be sure to select the various sub categories when on that page when looking for your "Violations of Protocols" such as:

Forums - Knowledge Bases - Blogs - Ideas - Contests - Q&A - Reviews - Groups - Images

My history of [hangs my head in mock shame] violations were spread out in those individual categories.

Also be thorough and look under each subcategory under the tabs:

My Items / My Rejected Items 

Oooh, I should learn to use my eyes!

Yep, I've got a bunch of stalled posts in Q&A, and I must say that it now appears to me that LL's hand is evident in this. I'm gonna guess that any reference to a particular SL related forum is at least one way to raise the barrier. And that barrier went up a moment ago when I tried to answer a question with a reference to that forum.

ETA: I will stick by my claim that LL neither controls nor understands Lithium, though they might want to up their dose.

;-).

Oooh, I should learn to use my eyes!

Yep, I've got a bunch of stalled posts in Q&A, and I must say that it now appears to me that LL's hand is evident in this. I'm gonna guess that any reference to a particular SL related forum is at least one way to raise the barrier. And that barrier went up a moment ago when I tried to answer a question with a reference to that forum.

Ahhhh the Plot thickens..... Well actually my pot of soup, simmering on the stove, is thickening. But why waste a great metaphor.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Well actually my pot of soup, simmering on the stove, is thickening.

The next time you're at an Asian market, look for Agar powder. It's a polysaccharide extracted from algae and is used to thicken soups and sauces. I first encountered it when learning about microbes as a kid. We used it, mixed with beef broth, to make culture medium, as it holds a lot of water and provides a rigid surface on which li'l bugs can grow.

If you use enough of it, you can make a soup that sets up like tofu, and can be served in slices!

steph Arnott wrote:

I use ugali.

Well then, you gotta try agar. I usually use corn starch or arrowroot to thicken things, though I'll toss some instant mashed potato flakes into a runny marinade (happens a lot when you use fresh tomatoes and have no patience for boiling them all the way down to paste). I also use flour in gravies.

Like your ugali, all of those thickening agents are too opaque at the concentrations needed to make soup thick enough to slice. Agar will cloud the soup, but not so much that it looks like lumpy gravy. It looks more like a frozen bowl of soup, but it's still hot.

To date, nobody has expressed a fondness for soup I serve this way.

I don't care.

ETA: I will stick by my claim that LL neither controls nor understands Lithium, though they might want to up their dose.

;-).

Lithium, not just for bipolar rock hounds and mad science-pets anymore...

No sympathy whatsoever for the banned parties.

SL TOS - the law - must apply to ALL. From the one-day old griefer with his first pee-pee gun to 10-year old, landowning, Premium members.

Letting abusers of TOS off the hook for filthy deeds because they have been in SL for years would be the real injustice!!

Again - not a shred of sympathy for the banned parties.

Well most of us who have been around a while know that posts with links to SLU get gob smacked by this Forum.  

Why?  We've asked multiple times.

Heck, LL CEO's even prefer to post over there.  :)

But we get no answer.

HOWEVER, if you convert an SLU URL to a TINY URL they will work here.  :D