Seeking Certified Psychologist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you need a psychiatrist or counselor, I recommend finding one with an office rather than a computer. It could be extremely difficulty to find one in a video game, and you are putting yourself at risk trying to do this online instead of in a psychiatrist's office. If money is an issue, you may be able to find pro bono or specifically low income supports.

I wish you the best of luck, but I urge you to seek real help if you are really in need of it.

One word: DON'T.

If you, or someone you know, is in personal need of a psychologist, then don't do this. You have absolutly ZERO abilities to verify wheather or not the person contacting you is a certified psychologist or not. And for someone determined enough to lie, its easier to fake as you might think.

If you trust a stranger on the internet in such a personal, vulnerable way, you make yourself a target for abuse. I would even doubt if a psychologist would even think that a virtual therapy would be efficient, because personal human interaction can play a big role and also works as a safety messurement.

@ you and @ Harrison, Amaya never mentioned why a certified psychologist is needed. Besides that, if it is for personal needs I totally agree with the both of you.

@Amaya, For whatever reason you are looking for a certified psychologist, this would not be the place to look for them. I could easily say I am one and even send you a copy of some certificate I made in photoshop, you would never know. 

Hi Amaya,

I agree with the others. I look at this two ways...

1) You cannot determine whether someone who replies to your query is truly a certified anything without obtaining their real-life identity. At that point you've effectively made a real life connection, which would be more easily done entirely via real-life.

2) Any certified psychologist you find in SL will, by definition, be a resident of SL. I'm not sure I'd consider that a desireable qualification for someone I was asking for psychological help.

;-).

I want to thank you guys for the thoughtful/concerning responses.

I agree with all of your statements, ESPECIALLY about faking certifications through photoshop. You can pretty much fake anything with photoshop these days.

I was looking for a professional to "interview" for a senior project, I'm finishing up my BS in Psychology this year. I just wanted to get into specifics privately. 

Once again, thanks for the concern! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.