Blurred Vision

Robin Petrel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Robin,

I don't know of a mechanism that can cause blurred vision, other than a messed up Depth of Field setting. That would require that you've got Advanced Lighting enabled, and I don't know how RLV would access that. Nevertheless, you should be able to eliminate whatever effect you're describing by disabling RLV, or switching to the official SL viewer, which doesn't support RLV. RLV is the first checkbox at the top of Preferences->Firestorm. Uncheck that and restart the viewer.

If the visual effect you're describing is coming from a HUD (which could overlay the entire screen with a translucent texture), you'll need to detach that. Right-click on your avatar and select "Take off", then select "HUD" and detach any things you find there, one at a time. The moment the visual effect vanishes, you've found the culprit.

Good luck!

The RLV command @setenv is used to adjust the viewer environment settings.   Whatever was controlling your viewer settings should have done something to restore them, but clearly that's not happened in this case.

First, try rezzing a prim and dropping this script into it:

default{	state_entry()	{		llOwnerSay("@setenv_daytime:-1.0=force");	}}

That should restore your environment settings to the region default.   Then you can readjust them as you wish.

If that doesn't work (because the object that altered your settings hasn't released control) then disable RLV, log out and then log back in.   Load the Windlight setting of your choice, reenable RLV and then relog.

You can take off the object that causes the blur and re-log. Innula's script also works.

I really wanted to know what the code is to produce the effect though. Thanks Innula for pointing me in the right direction!

The following script will make your vision blurry (if that's what you want). Increase the value for more blur.

default{	state_entry()	{		llOwnerSay("@setdebug_renderresolutiondivisor:2.0=force");	}}

Needs RLV (restrained love) to be turned on.

Edited by Jazmina Voom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.