How can I stop to dancing?

Lenka132

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Aww....  It's not really obvious, but it IS easy.  Whatever you did to start dancing, do it again.  If you touched a dance machine ( a floating ball or a sign), touch it again to stop.  If you sat on a dance ball, stand up. If you started a dance anim from your own inventory, click it there again and select STOP.

With most reasonably modern dance systems, simply teleporting out of the region will also stop a dance anim.  The only thing that often does not work is the Me >>> Movement >>> Stop animating my avatar command.  The reason that does not work is that dance machines typically restart anims periodically with a timer.  Unless you actually disconnect from the machine, it may keep re-animating you.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life, Lenka!

In addition to Rolig's advice, if you are using the Firestorm viewer, there is, I think, a method that works against objects that restart animations periodically. In the Avatar menu is "Avatar Health". Select that, then select "Stop Avatar Animations & Revoke Permissions". That should both stop your dancing, and prevent the object that was animating you from starting you up again.

Good luck, and have fun!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.