HELP - Unable to Paste Code???

Wandering Soulstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

Is anyone having any problems at the moment pasting text(code) into SL??

I had been working all day on an update to a module offline in my code editor, and then came inworld to do some testing. But when I tried to paste the code into a script it would not paste everything. Sometimes it was stopping half way through a line, sometimes not, but consistently not able to paste everything. Tried in a notecard and same problem. The code being pasted is under 2k lines (whitespace & comments included) and actually fewer lines than code that I brought inworld yesterday.

Never come across this before ....

Wanda

I haven't had any trouble like that.  I'm using Second Life 4.0.1 (310054) Jan 14 2016.  I hear that one of the recent releases (maybe 4.0.2.311302 ?) had a lot of bugs in it. If you haven't installed the debugged version that was released Tuesday (4.0.2.311378), give it a try.

and the answer is ... yes:

Maximum script source code size - 65536 single byte characters (that's a viewer limit and can be changed in the config file 'panel_script_ed.xml').

And I have passed the number of characters .. seems it does include comments in the count ... now if I could only find where (if) Singularity has this setting.

Hmm.. Singularity is a bit obsolete by now, so I'm not sure how well it is tuned to changes that have been made in the main SL viewer since the last time it was upgraded a year ago.  Give it a try, though.  For the current SL viewer, the file you're looking for is stored on my machine in C:/ProgramFiles (x86)/SecondLifeViewer/skins/default/xui/en/panel_script_ed.xml .  The relevant part of that file on my machine says

<script_editor
left="0"
type="string"
length="1"
follows="left|top|right|bottom"
font="Monospace"
height="376"
ignore_tab="false"
layout="topleft"
max_length="262144"  <<<--- That's the number to change, if you can.  Clearly I have a higher limit in the SL viewer than 65536.  Maybe that's why I haven't hit the limit.

Assuming it's a windows machine, the file location will probably be similar to the one Rolig posted, only substitute Singularity for SecondLifeViewer.

So use Windows Explorer to open C:\Program Files(x86) and then look for the Singularity folder.   Open that, and then find the skins folder and drill down from there.

ETA:  If and when you find the file, be aware that if you try to open it using Open on the Windows Explorer menu or by double-clicking it, Windows will probably open it using Internet Explorer, which isn't what you want if you're going to edit it.

So use the Windows Explorer Open With menu command, and open it with Notepad or something similar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.