• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crys Lexenstar

Profile photo won't change.

Question

I recently changed my main profile photo and it seems to have changed IN my profile, but it won't change in the sidebar or as the chat icon.

Is anyone else having this issue?  This was edited days ago so I've relogged a few times since then and even tried to change it to the new photo AGAIN and made sure I saved it.  Yet... everyone is still seeing the old one.... tho I see it if I open my actual profile webpage.

Needin some help!  Thanks :)

6 answers to this question

For what it's worth, I have had a version of that problem since I joined SL in 2007. I have to change a profile pic two or three times before the new one finally sticks. It's done that with every viewer I've used, so I figure it's just one of those fun, undocumented "features" of SL. (I know nothing about sidebar or chat icon pics, since I'm not using V2, but my guess is that those would do the same thing for me.)

I`ve had it a few times on old viewers but I think I forgot to press Apply and probably just closed the profile window lol :D

I have heard people say it makes a diffference if you drag a texture or use the texture selector, but I don`t know if thats just a myth.

As the profile pics are changing on these v2 cases, but not the other places that the pic shows I assume its some v2 bug.

I've heard the same myth. Some day, when I remember it in time, I'll have to test and see if there's some truth to it. This is not very high on my priorities, frankly. :smileyvery-happy:

Hi and up this post !

Sometimes I can change my profile photo and sometimes I can't (without updating the client).

The problem appears both in the Windows Client (V2 & W7) and in the Linux Client (V2 & Debian).

The servers are probably involved.

After (when it's possible to change it), I have to delete the cache directly on the hard drive to display the photo in the sidebar.

OK folks I figured it out. Apparently even though SL says you can use .jpg, .png, or .gif files they lied. I reformated my profile pic to a .png file and it uploaded in all the areas where it would appear. Even in the chat. So just change the format to .png and you should be all set.