Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
XoXAmberXxO

Help a Noob out?

Recommended Posts


Phil Deakins wrote:

I wonder what happened to her. Maybe she can't get back into SL since you say that her avatar is still logged in. usually, it logs the avatar out when trying to log in, but she may have encountered a problem. It wouldn't stop her coming here though. Maybe it's dinner time where she is
:)

I think that it just adds a few minutes by default to the "account not available" message."

Back in 2007 when it said it was going to be a few minutes it really meant it.

Now a years on the rare occasion i get that after a crash I can't think I've ever had to wait the full amount of time.  20 to 30 seconds maximum.

Your mileage may vary.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can always get straight back in, even when the system still has me logged in. First it tells me that the system is logging me out and I try again immediately, and I get straight in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Phil Deakins wrote:

I wonder what happened to her. Maybe she can't get back into SL since you say that her avatar is still logged in. usually, it logs the avatar out when trying to log in, but she may have encountered a problem. It wouldn't stop her coming here though. Maybe it's dinner time where she is
:)

I think that it just adds a few minutes by default to the "account not available" message."

Back in 2007 when it said it was going to be a few minutes it really meant it.

Now a years on the rare occasion i get that after a crash I can't think I've ever had to wait the full amount of time.  20 to 30 seconds maximum.

Your mileage may vary.  
:)

As I recall, when they fixed (pretty much) the issue with people crashing and then being unable to get back in because their avs were "ghosted" (remember those days?), the "account not available" thing got rendered irrelevant as part of the process.

The simple fact of the unsucessful login that prompts the "account not avaialble" message now, or so I understand it, prompts LL's servers to complete whatever bits of the logout process are still hanging on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i was new to sl my faverate thing to do was shop the freebie stores. We all gotta have some kind of wardrobe even if its freebies. Also clubs are good for new people to meet others. SL is full of places eventualy you will find your place in sl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steph, don't knock someone when they're trying to help. 

You may think mentors are a bore, but to someone else they can be a lifeline. 

SL has a huge learning curve that people soon forget when they've been here years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


XoXAmberXxO wrote:

I'm not too sure if this was the correct location to post this, However i'll post here anyhow.

So I'm really,really interested in joining Second Life. I have tried numerous of time's to really get into it. However I always find myself lost, confused, and having no idea on how to begin. I know there is a huge learning curve in this game, i just need the help.

I am serious when it comes to me wanting to really get into it, I am ready to spend money on a avi, and whatever else it takes. But I have no idea on where to even begin on making one, I am completly clueles
:P
Iv'e searched guides etc... But they're beyond out dated, were talking 2007 and the ones that I did find to e rather recent 2014 does not really explain anything
:(

Is there anyone who is willing to take there time to show me the ins and outs of Second Life. How to create a sexy avi? Either in game or on these forums.  Would be very appreciative!

Thank you
:)
 

These guys who "don't know what to do" yet they manage to trawl trough the website, find the obscure associated subforum and have no trouble posting there (as opposed to inworld).

And all of this while operating a well-used account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Innula Zenovka wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Phil Deakins wrote:

I wonder what happened to her. Maybe she can't get back into SL since you say that her avatar is still logged in. usually, it logs the avatar out when trying to log in, but she may have encountered a problem. It wouldn't stop her coming here though. Maybe it's dinner time where she is
:)

I think that it just adds a few minutes by default to the "account not available" message."

Back in 2007 when it said it was going to be a few minutes it really meant it.

Now a years on the rare occasion i get that after a crash I can't think I've ever had to wait the full amount of time.  20 to 30 seconds maximum.

Your mileage may vary.  
:)

As I recall, when they fixed (pretty much) the issue with people crashing and then being unable to get back in because their avs were "ghosted" (remember those days?), the "account not available" thing got rendered irrelevant as part of the process.

The simple fact of the unsucessful login that prompts the "account not avaialble" message now, or so I understand it, prompts LL's servers to complete whatever bits of the logout process are still hanging on.

As I understand it also, yes.

But it appears that the "your account is unavailable" message is left over detrious, or at least the time calculation it gives is a left over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


steph Arnott wrote:

"well used account"? the OP was a one day old account here and inworld.

Go back to sleep Steph. Bringing you up to speed is well beyond my ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Radium Soup wrote:

These guys who "don't know what to do" yet they manage to trawl trough the website, find the obscure associated subforum and have no trouble posting there (as opposed to inworld).

And all of this while operating a well-used account.

Most people unfamiliar with SL would probably have more idea about how to navigate round subforums on a website than they have about editing their avatar or IMing people who aren't in the same region or opening and unpacking boxes, I would think.

The xoxamberxxo account was created yesterday, Feb 22, so I don't see what's "well-used" about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a warning for replying to your post saying that radium is toxic, which it most definitely is. There are people here (not you) who have no concept of humour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Radium Soup wrote:


steph Arnott wrote:

"well used account"? the OP was a one day old account here and inworld.

Go back to sleep Steph. Bringing you up to speed is well beyond my ability.

Bringing you up to the concept of humour is beyond anyone's ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...