Help a Noob out?

XoXAmberXxO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not too sure if this was the correct location to post this, However i'll post here anyhow.

So I'm really,really interested in joining Second Life. I have tried numerous of time's to really get into it. However I always find myself lost, confused, and having no idea on how to begin. I know there is a huge learning curve in this game, i just need the help.

I am serious when it comes to me wanting to really get into it, I am ready to spend money on a avi, and whatever else it takes. But I have no idea on where to even begin on making one, I am completly clueles :P Iv'e searched guides etc... But they're beyond out dated, were talking 2007 and the ones that I did find to e rather recent 2014 does not really explain anything :(

Is there anyone who is willing to take there time to show me the ins and outs of Second Life. How to create a sexy avi? Either in game or on these forums.  Would be very appreciative!

Thank you :) 

Hi, XoXAmberXxO

Welcome to SL and to the forums.

There are several resources in-world that can help you meet people and learn the ropes a bit.  You might try joining the NCI - New Citizens Incorporated group or visting the Caledon Oxbridge University,

You might want to visit the Adult HUB, which is there to help new residents get started.   It's particularly a resource for people exploring the Adult side of SL, but the staff there are  very friendly and are glad to help with advice about all aspects of getting started.   Customising your avatar is something they get asked about a lot.  There's also a resource centre there with interactive tutorials and free content.   Just introduce yourself to anyone there who is wearing an Adult Hub statf tag, and ask for advice.   (Declaration of Interest:  I am involved the management of the estate of which the Adult Hub is a part).

Before you start spending a lot of money, you might want to consider checking on the blog FabFree -- Fabulously Free in Second Life , which gives details not only of free offers aimed at new accounts but also of gridhunts.   I mention this because a lot of people recommend grid hunts not only as a way of winning free content but also as a fun way of exploring Second Life and meeting new people.  

Hi Amber, and welcome to SL. Yes it can be confusing in the beginning. There are places like New Citizens Inc. that can be very helpfull for people new to SL. As for having someone mentor you it might make things easier if you were to state what times and days you are most likely to be in world.

I'm on many evenings from 5pm SL time to 8pm so if that's when you're on feel free to drop me an IM instant message in word.

Best of uck to you

Just a quick note on what's been said. I'm definitely not the person to mentor you because my 9+ years of life in SL would be utterly boring to most people. But there have been some good suggestions so far. The groups that were mentioned might leave you thinking, how do I join a group?, which is why I'm writing this note :)

So, when you log in, find and click the search button on the edge of the viewer. The search box will open. Type in the name of one of the groups that was mentioned, drop down the list that defaults to "Everything" and select Groups. Then click the search button. I'm sure you can take it from there. Do the same with the other group(s).

Also in the search box, you'll see tabs for Events and Destination Guide. You could explore those, click to teleport to places, whetghere there are anypeople there or not, and generally get a feel for SL.

By all means IM me in SL if you want to. I'm always willing to help where I can, but I don't get about and about much in SL, so I can't show you places. The best i could do for places is help you to find some via search and events. And I don't do any shopping at all - only when some girl or other insists that I need some new clothes, and then I'm told what to buy lol - so I can't suggest where to shop for female clothes and stuff. I spend my time doing other things, mostly alone, but I always welcome a bit of company.

Still shows she online, i not get that bit. But to be sure i disabled it and test offline. Bit confused at it to be honest.

Any how i pay her half i said, as i asked for the test.

Was ejected even when the script was removed, something else going on, any how payed all as i agreed

Sim is set to adult so would get bounced, DOH

ADDED; Well i just remembered i allready had one set up. oops.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.