I am having trouble witha particle script.....

Asylum Gearhead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using the 'Chain' script from the particle labratory and I can't figure out how to use it........... I tried asking Jopsy (I prolly spelled his name wrong) and he was too busy to really help me........ anyone who can give me a hint to what I am doing wrong I would be grateful.

Well a "chain" script or any particle script designed to create what appear to be a physical link between two prims is implemented using the particle system as a projector object and a target object. The script is placed in the projector object and it fires the particles. That script is then given the UUID of the target object so that all its particles will travel towards the target prim. Look for PSYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY and that is where the target prim's UUID goes.

The secret to the chain particle is that you have to have the UUID of the target item in the script.  Then the particle can be drawn from the origin prim to the target prim.  Most systems like CuffMeister and the like have scripts in the cuffs and targets that allow them to tell each other what UUID to throw particles to. 

use this to find the UUID of your experimental target anytime you touch it so you can slap that key into your experimental generator

touch_start(integer num)

{

llSay(0,"uuid = "+(string)llGetKey());

}

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.