LInden Homes/Premium Account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure this is the right forum, but i didn't see any other that would be appropriate.

I am wondering what you all think of the Linden Homes. Right now I have been enjoying SL with a free basic account, but I am considering "putting down roots" and getting a place I can call my own. But I have a few questions for those of you who have, or have had, a Linden home with a premium account:

-Are the homes as nice as they look in the pics?

-Do you get to choose your parcel on any sim?

-Is the parcel rental included in the price of a premium account if it is limited to 512 SM?

Thanks!

Hi Faith

This link might help you with your answers.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Home-FAQ/ta-p/700101

I know that you won't pay teir(rent) on a 512sqm lot if you are a premium member, but you do have to buy it.

I hear the LL homes are nice. I don't have personal experience with them.

Not sure if you can pick your parcel on any sim if you use the LL home. But you can if you don't, If that makes any sense.

Faith Avalira wrote:

Not sure this is the right forum, but i didn't see any other that would be appropriate.

I am wondering what you all think of the Linden Homes. Right now I have been enjoying SL with a free basic account, but I am considering "putting down roots" and getting a place I can call my own. But I have a few questions for those of you who have, or have had, a Linden home with a premium account:

-Are the homes as nice as they look in the pics?

they are nice as a starter home ....

-Do you get to choose your parcel on any sim?

no, the parcels are choosen randomly, but the trick is, when selected a home and u don't like the location, to abandon the land immediately and go through the LINDEN HOME selection procedure again, do this untill u find a location u really like (it can take multiple tries) ^^

-Is the parcel rental included in the price of a premium account if it is limited to 512 SM?

yes

Thanks!

*meows*

Hi Faith,

There are a few types of housings in Linden land. You don't always get to choose the on you want. LL will provide you some selections and you have to choose which one. But of course you can always abandon it up to 5 times in 24 hours until you settle on a home.

Below are the LL homes location. You can roam around and see for yourself before you decide if this is the type of community you would like to be in.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Valle%20Grande/162/226/22  Alpine homes

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ravenbrook/235/227/72 Modern Homes

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hirame/219/158/23 Oriental Homes

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aberyswythe/25/189/27 Fantasy Homes

The location and re-texturing options for Linden Homes are quite limited, you are also not allowed to change the build or have a skybox.  LL were none too quick to react when a number of people were locked out of their homes through some script/sim fault either.  In contrast the big attraction for the Linden Homes is that the house itself does not count against your prim-allowance.

The limitiations make sense for complete newbies but since you're past the initial learning-curve (I assume) you may prefer the greater flexibility of buying any 512sqm (rent-free as it's included in the premium account fee) and having the build of your choice.

Thank you all for your help.

I upgraded to a premium account today and got my first Linden home. It's very nice--except for the pool (which you can't take a dip in, as it is for show only), and the neighbood looks like a subdivision of tract homes (no beach in sight). But, hey, it give me a place to relax and to entertain, so I'm happy.

Thanks, again.

@Faith:  Congratulations on your Linden Home!   If you decide at some point to purchase a parcel somewhere else, you might consider hanging on to your LH.  I find that it is a nice place to have when you need to escape those sim restarts.  Plus, the one that I have is different enough from my primary home on Mainland to give me a different perspective.  Also, the neighborhood is very quiet.

I have one presently in the Japanese ghetto.  It would be terrible to have neighbors so closely packed together if everyone was home at the same time, but that rarely happens, so privacy is not an issue.  I don't know why, either there are a lot of vacancies or else the people who live near me just don't sign on much, or they hang out somewhere other than home.....

For a 512 spot it's nice to have the extra prims that the prefab house provides.  I've tried owning a 512 bit of land and you really can't build much with so few prims.  And if you get bored you can always move to a different style.  I've also had a home in the enchanted ghetto and it was deserted most of the time as well.

So if all you want is a place for changing clothes, sorting inventory and teh sechs, then a Linden home may be just what you are looking for.

I was much happier when we had an island though, we could play around with the land and building things and live in the sky and such, and your linden home won't allow any of that.  But that'll cost you some tier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.