Still Looking for a personal secretary..

Apolez Taurus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Looking for a personal secretery ,,

At first not much just jot down hours I work, take notes of ideas and other stuff eventullay could get more demanding
1. over 18 in rl
2. know about second life/ been ingame a lot
3. can take notes well and get in touch with people on my behalf
4. logs in everyday for awhile or close to it.
5. Can at least hear voice preffered talk to me in voice sometimes.
6. Has the ability to spot mistakes, esp. mine and fix them, -- you will be tested on this.
7. Follows TOS.

Okay so the test is on wits I guess, Have to be a particular kind of smart to fill it out. Message me your interested in the job and i'll send you the test. Let me tell you at least a hand full have taken it and none has done it correctly to my standard. I mean I give you information and then with what you have you fill out the timecard which I suppyly partly filled out. 

I'm thinking 250L a week to start.  All you would do is fill out my timecard for one job and jot down hours for another to make sure i'm over a certain amount. maybe take down notes on ideas i have and get in touch with someone for something perhaps . Odd things. .

If I venture out into other persuits it will be more demanding of you and your salary will increaase accordingly. ty. and Bonus if you do extra good or i am more demanding or i had a good week perhaps. 

I will pay a weekly salary small to start will grow in time as I make more thanks. Smiley Happy
Get in touch here or in-world in-world preferred , ty for your interest. Apolez Taurus

A Bonus , If you actually get everything the way i think it should be to hand in, the test, the timesheet, I'll give 100L just for doing it right, 

It isnt really that hard I dont know why so many mess up, I give a sheet, notecard with a blurb and the timesheet added that u have to click to open, I will try explain some, I started working on my timesheet.  then I just didnt finish I tell you some info and you just have to complete it, Its like really getting to know me if you do this right i think.  Shows you can fix my **bleep**ups if there is any and i'll tell you even, there is one. now might be tricky i guess this is where wit comes in, I need someone capable of Understanding me , :) Please Message me in game your ready to take the test!! Limited to five winners. 

well at first I really wouldnt' be asking much of the person I dont like them to feel they not getting paid enough , I'd give more if I got more but Your being ridiculas ,,, just to take down my hours mainly for my jobs isnt a lot to ask, though I have plans for more in future. maybe take some ideas and said if I feel I give too much I'll pay more.

Apolez Taurus wrote:

well at first I really wouldnt' be asking much of the person
I dont like them to feel they not getting paid enough
, I'd give more if I got more but Your being ridiculas ,,, just to take down my hours mainly for my jobs isnt a lot to ask, though I have plans for more in future. maybe take some ideas and said if I feel I give too much I'll pay more.

Um, its a dollar.

A week.

and who said they would  work hours a day? I just need a few min a day perhaps , Just want them to be on alot if i need them more longer for the future and to be able to tell them my hours as it happens if possible, I doubt this would take more than an hour , could even be 15 min utes to finish what i ask, thanks for your unpleasant sarcastic price of pay like anyone is paying that for a job, and thanks for your non support. and unrealistic ideas about what I am offering and have written. 

Apolez Taurus wrote:

and who said they would  work hours a day? I just need a few min a day perhaps , Just want them to be on alot if i need them more longer for the future and to be able to tell them my hours as it happens if possible, I doubt this would take more than an hour , could even be 15 min utes to finish what i ask, thanks for your unpleasant sarcastic price of pay like anyone is paying that for a job, and thanks for your non support. and unrealistic ideas about what I am offering and have written. 

Of course people are paying that for a job, and truly, much more. I think many around here are likely to give away 40 cents to a couple bucks regularly, out of kindness, without expecting anything in return.

Perhaps there would be less confusion if there were two different Inworld Employment sections. This one seems to often be used both for real world employment within or related to Second Life, and roleplay employment (make-believe).

Your posts come across now as a mixture of both - real world expectations and make-believe payment. It is hard to guess exactly what might be required, but it seems a lot like a real world secretary position.

There is an abundance of roleplay businesses in SL and there is nothing wrong with that by itself. The problem is the rampant blending that has become commonplace among so many. That doesn't make it right, acceptable, or able to be easily ignored.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I dont believe I have come across any RP businesses. The only ones I know of, people give their owners real Lindens, which to me makes it a real business. Seems a RP business would pay pretend money.

Going strictly by definitions, I'll have to agree you are right. I consider it RP if the reality is nickels and dimes paid instead of real world living wages. Surely this isn't a real job is it? I think it would be illegal in many countries.

BarcodeBrian wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I dont believe I have come across any RP businesses. The only ones I know of, people give their owners real Lindens, which to me makes it a real business. Seems a RP business would pay pretend money.

Going strictly by definitions, I'll have to agree you are right. I consider it RP if the reality is nickels and dimes paid instead of real world living wages. Surely this isn't a real job is it? I think it would be illegal in many countries.

I suppose so. I know there are lots of hobbyist merchants or whatever, but I never thought of what they do as RP -- I used to be a hobbyist but I was taking ppl's money so to me it was real.

Let's see.

My hourly rate in real life is $25/hour (I'm an inexpensive person, really).  A half hour of my time would cost you $12.50.  Fifteen minutes would be $7.25.

So for fifteen minutes of work, you would need to pay me 1800L, minimum.  That' would cost you about $7.23 to buy on the LindeX, so you're kind of getting a discount.

If you want me longer than fifteen minutes per week, you'll have to do a lot better than 250L per week.  I make more than that selling one outfit on the Marketplace. 

Your move, Buckaroo.

I think where I find the greatest cognitive dissonance is the notion that "it's only a couple of notecards", but that apparently filling them out is such a burden and a time sink that one needs to *hire someone else to do it*.    Because if it's that easy, and "only worth" a dollar a week for "a couple minutes" of time, then surely there's no need for someone else to take on the task.

And if it *is* such a time sink, and is such a pain to be bothered with, then guess what? It's worth paying more than a dollar a week for someone else to do it.

But it's real hard for it to be both of those things at the same time. Real, real hard.

Are you guys serious ... Give me a break, I have 2 jobs, and well one is if i make money and other set fee i work 6 days week 3 hours day and get 1,200 ,,, i never had a good job in sl that paid what I wish I would make and I sure did not say oh take my secretary job it will support you in real life.   The only way I got lots of lindens besides buying them were through buisness partners or someone gifting me it.    Now I am so sorry I cannot afford anyones real life expences i have a hard enough time managing my own.   This Is meant to help you make fast lindens doing barely any work at first. for those who is online a lot and a bit smart.    Now If you don't like my offer sorry move along. next!

Do not listen to all this negativity. These people would complain about not enough free samples at an all you can eat chocolate shop.  This sounds like a great gig. I want a piece of this action but believe in Adam Smith's principles of the market! I am willing to pay 300 whole Lindens for one week for the same thing.  I do not need the voice part, and I am not so concerned about following the TOS. Logging in everyday is not a priority.  Actually, I just need someone to fix my mistakes which, by the way, may require you to log in every day for 10-12 hours a day, but those are just details.

Also, you need to wear a pencil skirt, stiletto heels, carry a pen and note pad at all times, and look good. My clients are very particular. Finally, no gum chewing/snapping.

Please send a resume, large glossy photos, examples of playful, subtle banter with hints of sexual innuendo, and fabric swatches to me in world. (I am fond of higher thread counts.)

Sredni Eel wrote:

Please tell me the pencil skirt and stiletto heels are a requirement for male avatars, too.  Because I saw a really cute little number on the marketplace the other day...

I am only considering applications from males, but as previously mentioned you do not have to be voice verified. Now tell me more about this skirt, would it happen to be silk? How does it feel next to your skin? Do not leave out ANY details.

Also, do you wear glasses, because that would be so sexy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.