About Market Sale L

ISGI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So Are Market sales thru LL like does Selling your L to a market Sale does LL do That For you or do people Im you trying to buy your L cause some one with no payment info was just trying to do that to me i diddent do anything cause might have been a scammer and i know little of how market sales work.

Also is it better to sell L on market sale or the straight to LL option i dont know the diffrence

1 answer to this question

You can only sell $L on the Linden Exchange.  Use the "Manage" link on your Dashboard page, in the Linden Exchange section of the menu on the left.  When you sell $L, they go into your $USD balance.  You can then do a Process Credit transaction to transfer some or all of your $USD balance to your PayPal or Skrill account.

DO NOT sell $L to a third party, either in world or in response to an email offer, or on some third party web site.  I mean, think about it.  If I say, "Hey, ISGI, sell me $L10,000, I'll give you a good rate," and you pay me $L10,000...how do you know I'm going to give you anything in return?  And even if I want to, how am I going to pay you?  Send you some money via PayPal?  Not unless you give me a real world email address.

So let's say you are ready to sell some $L on the Linden Exchange.  When you click the Sell $L link, you are offered two choices.  

1.  You can sell at the current market price.  You can see how much this will get you.  Enter the amount you want to sell, and it will automatically tell you your estimated proceeds.  If you click the Sell button and enter your password, the transaction takes place immediately.

2.  You can place a "Limit Sell Order."  The buying and selling price of the $L varies up and down by a few $L each day.  You can see this by clicking the Market Data link.  However, the exchange rate is usually pretty close to $L250 = $1 USD.  When you place a Limit Sell, you are offering to sell X amount of $L at an exchange rate that you specify.  So, for example, I might offer to sell $L10,000 at a rate of 248 for $1 USD.  Once I enter my password, that order is placed in the queue.  I do not have the use of that $L10,000, and my $L balance will show I have $L10,000 less in it.  However, the order might not be filled right away.  Orders are filled on a first come, first served basis.  Every time the exchange rate hits 248 or better, some of the outstanding orders are filled.  It may take several days for YOUR transaction to be completed.

Limit orders can get you a slightly better deal than just buying or selling at the current market rate, but they can take time.  If you need the money right away, a market rate transaction is your best choice.

All of this is automatic, nobody will IM you with an offer to buy.  ALWAYS use the Exchange, never deal directly with a resident or some third party site.  It's against the Terms of Service and there's a really high probability that you'll be scammed.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.