Why not a forum for marketplace products?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The idea is to share creations / finds / purchases on the forums not on 100s of facebook pages or blogs, 

Yes marketplace exists but I doubt anyone browses 2000 plus pages when searching for say a Hat, what if something really worth a great is lurking in page 3256 and needs to be  shown on a site frequented the most i.e SL forums, one stop shop kind of thing.

bebejee wrote:

The idea is to share creations / finds / purchases on the forums not on 100s of facebook pages or blogs, 

Yes marketplace exists but I doubt anyone browses 2000 plus pages when searching for say a Hat, what if something really worth a great is lurking in page 3256 and needs to be  shown on a site frequented the most i.e SL forums, one stop shop kind of thing.

FIrst, you can search for the kind of hat you want by using the search filter in MP.  There is no need to go through thousands of pages to find it.

Second, only a very small percentage of all SL residents look at this forum, so products would not reach a large market. 

Third such a forum could easily reach thousands of threads in a short time, making it no better than MP to find what you are looking for.

I dont know, I would much rather see things hidden in marketplace brought to attention here, it would be so beneficial for crators too whose hard work is lost somewhere in there when people tire of going beyond a certain number of pages and make do with things  that are not exactly what they were searching for,. That item could be hidden somewhere beyond that page they stopped browsing at, and someone else by fluke could bring it up in forum.

Marketplace recommendations would quickly become a forum for advertising and shills. If Brand X brings out a new range of products, what's to stop them posting them all over a Marketplace forum (or paying someone else to do the same)? What stops Brand Y from posting negative feedback by sock-puppet? Who chooses what gets recommended and what doesn't? Whose recommendations do we trust? Once an item gets recommended then drifts off the front page, what makes it any easier to find than a MP search?

bebejee wrote:

Not interested in that, dont follow any either.

I guess it will have to be strated as a separate outside of SL official forums.

Blogs are a good way to find things you like on the MP and inworld.  You may not follow them but a lot of people do.  You can even find feeds that combine the posts of a lot of blogs into one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.