Sincere praise for improved teleports

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been in SL for over 5 years now, and teleports have usually been problematic for me. Recently, I've noticed a very substantial improvement in teleports. They seem to go through now almost always no matter how busy the sim or how many attachments I have on.

Congratulations staff and management of Second Life ! I've been one of your harshest critics but in all fairness, this is outstanding. Thanks for the work.

Steve Mahfouz

Steve Mahfouz wrote:

I've been in SL for over 5 years now, and teleports have usually been problematic for me. Recently, I've noticed a very substantial improvement in teleports. They seem to go through now almost always no matter how busy the sim or how many attachments I have on.

Congratulations staff and management of Second Life ! I've been one of your harshest critics but in all fairness, this is outstanding. Thanks for the work.

Steve Mahfouz

Huh?

While I congratulate you on your experiences with getting around I have to actively wonder what you are talking about. In the space of about 2 1/2 hours this past Saturday, and between two different browsers (v.2.5 official and latest Phoenix), I got the "you have been logged out of SecondLife" message and booted out of the system no less than 10 times. I mean I literally could not tp anywhere. It took me three relogs to make one jump and once I did, I couldn't leave there until Sunday morning.

And then, when I got booted in similar fashion from my next destinations, it was as if I had never successfully tp'd from the first one, because no matter where I was last, it would still send me back to where I was Satuday after every relog, despite attachment changes and purchases I had made since I left going throgh without reverting back.

It was literally the worst performance I have ever experienced in SL since I got here in early '07. A complete joke. Paid software that performed like this would have been pulled off the shelves. And yes, I did clear cache, my bandwidth settings were wide open and devoting 80% of available bandwidth to SL, etc.

But again, I'm glad everyone wasn't having the time I was. 

Kascha Matova wrote:

Steve Mahfouz wrote:

Steve Mahfouz

Huh?

While I congratulate you on your experiences with getting around I have to actively wonder what you are talking about. In the space of about 2 1/2 hours this past Saturday, and between two different browsers (v.2.5 official and latest Phoenix), I got the "you have been logged out of SecondLife" message and booted out of the system no less than 10 times. I mean I literally could not tp anywhere. It took me three relogs to make one jump and once I did, I couldn't leave there until Sunday morning.

And then, when I got booted in similar fashion from my next destinations, it was as if I had never successfully tp'd from the first one, because no matter where I was last, it would still send me back to where I was Satuday after every relog, despite attachment changes and purchases I had made since I left going throgh without reverting back.

It was literally the worst performance I have ever experienced in SL since I got here in early '07. A complete joke. Paid software that performed like this would have been pulled off the shelves. And yes, I did clear cache, my bandwidth settings were wide open and devoting 80% of available bandwidth to SL, etc.

But again, I'm glad everyone wasn't having the time I was.

Sorry to hear of those problems ! Trust me, I've had MANY days like yours. I think they still have work to do, to put it politely.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.