hello I have a homestead and try to rent but I just wonder I do it right can someone look thanks

planetstars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello I have a homestead and have make four coners

I want to try to rent 3 coners just for fun and I have to say its really amazing what you can do in sl anyway.

I am here in sl  more than two years, and have rent a few place its realy nice but I believe I try this time a homestead and try to rent but some person have buy the land for 1 linden but  no pay for the rent.so I just wonder or I do it right can some one look in the place   and hope to tell me what I can do.because I just want it right and I know its big menu and believe it never end sl and I have to learn thanks greeting planetstars  

2 answers to this question

It sounds like you have accidentally made the land available for sale instead of putting a rent box on it.  I do not quite understand how you did that, though.  You cannot own a homestead region unless you already own another full region.  You didn't mention another full region, however, so maybe you are renting the homestead region.  If that is true, you are not allowed to sell it.

So, if you do own the region, reclaim the parcel that someone has paid you for.  Put rental boxes on the parcels that you want to rent, including that one, and do not make them available to buy.

If you do not own the homestead region, you have a very puzzling problem.  I think you should talk with the owner soon.

On many private estates, a resident leasing a parcel may indeed sell it to another person.  If you set the region, or a part of it, to sell for $L1, anyone can then come and buy it.  That buyer is then responsible for paying whatever monthly rent the ESTATE OWNER (not the former tenant) has set.  In effect, you have sold your rights in the land you were leasing from the estate owner to the buyer.

If you want to offset some of the monthly cost of your region by renting it out, you should do the following:

1.  Make sure the estate owner allows sub-leasing and sub-division of land.  If he does, then

2.  Use the land tools to select and subdivide a piece of the region.  I recommend a minimum parcel size of 8192 m2 to give the occupant sufficient land area and prims to make it attractive.  Set the parcel to show in Search.

3.  Get a rental box system, such as the ones sold by Hippotech or Caspervend.  Read the instructions thoroughly!  Put a rental box on each parcel you plan to offer for rent.

4.  Advertise the availability of your rental property.

It sounds like you've done steps 1 and 2, but haven't collected rent from your first tenant.  If that is the case, and the tenant refuses to pay rent, just eject and ban him!  You don't even have to return his $L1.  The Estate Owner may have to step in and re-set the parcel he "bought" to your name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.