i lost every thing when sl mest up in my inventory a lot of stuff I had is gone

marlboro Foxclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

most inventory problems get solved by clearing your inventory cache and let it reload while you are on a empty or low populated sim, while you do nothing.

If you have still not back what you lost you can try by sending in a support ticket, but mostly that will not help, because the support isn't ble to bring real lost items back.

In the last case you'r out of luck and things are gone.

You cold aks the original creators for help in redelivery, but when it are transfer objects you will be for sure out of luck, nobody will replace those.

For your group.... if you left it, you need a invite by one of the current owners. If you have no connection or they don't want you, no chance you get back in. LL not likely gets involved in that.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that, Marlboro.

This is a user-helping-user forum and nobody working for Linden Lab ever comes here. So all we can offer you is our sympathies and just a little bit of help:

What you need to do is go to the official help pages and file a support ticket. Here is the link:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Unfortunately, you probably won't get any more help (and even less sympathy) there. Linden Lab is very clear that they do not under any circumstances take any responsibility for lost inventory or other data losses, Yes, it is rude, unfair and very poor customer service. But there is nothing we can do to force them to change their mind about it - and believe me, lots of people have tried!

Still, it's worth trying. File a support ticket, explain what happened and where and when.

There's a very good chance that nobody lost anything. Your inventory and all of your lists (friends, groups, ...) are all on SL servers.  Your computer works from local copies (cache) to save a lot of time uploading and downloading while you run around in world.  Those cached copies are updated when you log in. There's a really good chance that yours were damaged during download, so all you need to do is delete them and force the servers to try again.  The smart, safe, way to do it is "manually".  Here's how >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear . Those instructions were written by the Firestorm support staff but they will work for any viewer.

Now, the question you should be asking is, "How could my cache be damaged?"  First, it's more likely to be damaged if it is large (over 50K items in inventory, for example), especially if you have any huge folders.  The more data to move araound, the more chances there are for things to get messed up.  Second, you may have been using a wireless Internet connection (or, worse yet, a satellite connection).  Many SL residents have no trouble with wifi, but Linden Lab does not recommend or support it. Use a cable connection instead. Third, your router and modem may need to be rebooted.  Unplug both from the power for a few minutes, then plug them back in and restart everything.  There are other steps, but those should improve your system a lot.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.