Mesh box with gaps in between

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all :)

I have uploaded a box mesh and somehow the mesh thinks it's physics box is way bigger than its physical shape, and when you stack them with physics turned on, they have giant gaps in between. So I decided to make a six sided cube with smaller overall measurement and load it as the physics, which does not work as it appears to let the orginal mesh's physics override it.

In the middle I have tested it by making 6 sided clean cubes from 3dsmax to see if they stack, same issue occured, the boxes think they are actually bigger.

On the left there are 5 prim cubes stacked perfectly on top of each other, how do I get my mesh boxes to act like the prims when physics are turned on?

They are made in 3dsmax, exported into fbx and converted into dae.

Also, note that whatever physics shape mesh you provide, it will be stretched and/or squashed along each of the axes until it fits the bounding box of the main (high LOD) mesh. So making a smaller cube for the physics has no effect. There are some ways of defeating this effect that have been described in this forum before, in reference to doors and offset pivots.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.