"Voice Verified"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

steph Arnott wrote:

Well debates allways have the potential to spiral out of control, that is how  lynch mobs start.

I'm not a fan of lynch mobs.

I'm much happier with the efficiency and expediency of being judge, jury, and executioner.

You left out "Mortician."

Perrie Juran wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

steph Arnott wrote:

Well debates allways have the potential to spiral out of control, that is how  lynch mobs start.

I'm not a fan of lynch mobs.

I'm much happier with the efficiency and expediency of being judge, jury, and executioner.

You left out "Mortician."

You're right, and that's the best part!

steph Arnott wrote:

I avoid makeing  judgements, judgement starts with small things and then spirals out of control untill you judge all by your values. That is dictatorship. Draco suffered his fate. TYPO

I make judgments all the time and everywhere. Most of them are subconscious and some (many?) of them are incorrect.

You are not immune.

I do not judge people on a post, may get irratated, but compile evidence as time goes. POST WAS REPEATED FOR SOME REASON.

ADDED, Some could get upset with USA people and their petty "learn how to spell English" totaly dissregarding that most out side USA use Oxford English, or dyslexic or just typing fast while doing other stuff. There is also the fact we are not as emotional as some USA people seem to be and really have better things to to than argue about non important things.

steph Arnott wrote:

I do not judge people on a post, may get irratated, but compile evidence as time goes.

I do not judge people on a post, may get irratated, but compile evidence as time goes.

ADDED, Some could get upset with USA people and their petty "learn how to spell English" tottaly dissregarding that most out side USA use Oxford English, or dyslexic or just typing fast while doing other stuff. There is also the fact we are not as emotional as some USA people seem to be and really have better things to to than argue about non important things.

So... you DO make judgements? You claim you don't, but you 'compile evidence' and presumably make choices based on evidence? Those are judgements. They might be fair and well-considered judgements (in your eyes) and you might not call them judgements, but that's what they are.

I don't see making judgements as a negative thing, but I think negatively about anyone who can't admit (or even see) that they make them.

steph Arnott wrote:

No that is exactly what you are saying. Making a not sure how i took that is not a judgement, it is a maybe i miss understood and see how it goes.

Based on the way you have responded to my last two posts (and bearing in mind your other posts) I will make a judgement.

You have a high opinion of your own opinions which is entirely unfounded by anything you have shown on this forum. You have a poor comprehension of English, or are accurately faking the same. You don't care to make your posts intelligible to others, either by reading them back or using spellcheck. You are a waste of my time which I will not allow to continue.

Goodbye.

• Like 1

Well as you can not see my body langage thats your interpratation, This is just plain rude "You have a poor comprehension of English" which i guess was inevitable. Why wouuld i use "using spellcheck." have no need too. I guess really the problem is you want every thing perfectly spelt in USA English and perfect in USA grammer, well i speak six langages and can write in five.

I really find it difficult to understand people like you that hold to a rigid assumstion of langage. Langauge changes year on year, am sure you do not speak like they did in 1700 and yet you mindlessly use a artificial spell checker. The English langauge was invented in 1600 odd, before that it did not exist, it was a mish mash of local dialects. French was the same. But if you want to get down to fundimentals, English is a amalgamation of all langages from all over the world. So if you wish to insult, then i sugest you get your own and not use mine and everyone elses.

steph Arnott wrote:

ADDED, Some could get upset with USA people and their petty "learn how to spell English" totaly dissregarding that most out side USA use Oxford English, or dyslexic or just typing fast while doing other stuff. There is also the fact we are not as emotional as some USA people seem to be and really have better things to to than argue about non important things.

That is a judgement of US people and not true besides.  SOME people may be like that, but  most are not that I've met in SL or RL.

So don't say you don't judge, because you do.  Do you think bashing people from the US doesn't count?

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

steph Arnott wrote:

That is a judgement of US people and not true besides.  SOME people may be like that, but  most are not that I've met in SL or RL.

So don't say you don't judge, because you do.  Do you think bashing people from the US doesn't count?

I wondered about this. Do most ppl outside the US really have dyslexia or type fast while doing other stuff, or have better things to do than argue about non important things, as opposed to Americans, who don't have dyslexia, don't type fast while doing other things, and don't have better things to do that argue?

Maybe true, but it crops up so often as to be 90% correct and that is not just me, 95% of my friends are non USA and they got fed up long before i did and USA friends i have are also fed up with the attitude of their own country people. As for judgement, we get that from the start and that is based on experience.

steph Arnott wrote:

Maybe true, but it crops up so often as to be 90% correct and that is not just me, 95% of my friends are non USA and they got fed up long before i did and USA friends i have are also fed up with the attitude of their own country people. As for judgement, we get that from the start and that is based on experience.

Then doing a little math, if you have 20 friends, the number of your "USA friends" = 1. But let's say you are super charismatic and have 40 friends, so that would mean both of your two American friends are fed up with themselves. 

BTW, things "cropping up so often" is not a very persuasive argument. 

I think 'voice verified' is to sort out the Human from the Robot applicants! 

In saying that though, one of the rules when I entered MVW  in SL was, once in the final they requested voice verification (must be female).  Its still your option to use or not but if you didnt agree in the first place, you would be waisting everyones time.

I'm late to this party, but I don't see the big deal on voice.

But then I'm a gamer.

When I'm fraggin' noobs in BF4 or smashing NPCs in SWTOR, there's no time to type. You get on TeamSpeak or Skype and you shout "Watch out for that goddamned grenade!" without thinking of it.

Switch me to SL, and I'm just so used to using voice, I think nothing of keying up and speaking.

steph Arnott wrote:

Well as you can not see my body
langage thats
your
interpratation
, This is just plain rude "
You have a poor comprehension of English" which i guess was inevitable. Why
wouuld
i use "using spellcheck." have no need too. I guess really the problem is you want every thing perfectly spelt in USA English and perfect in USA
grammer
, well i speak six
langages
and
can write in five

Consider spellcheck your friend.  Even a careful speller can occasionally be corrected.  Are you in that much of a hurry to post something?  Slow down.  You assert that you 'can write in five' languages.  You must not be counting English as one of them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.