Walking backwards, can anyone help ?

AilsaD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since last night, when I was dancing on a couple's pose ball, I crashed, since coming back numerous times, my controls are backwards... when I hit forward I go backwards, and when I hit backword I go forward.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ailsa

Ailsa,

When your PC crashes that can cause the various .XML configuration files to become damaged. In your case this may have locked a session animation instruction script to load in such a way that it can not become unloaded in your local avatar movement queue.

The easiest way to repair this is ti Perform a Clean Install of your viewer paying special attention to the deletion of all hidden support file directories.

Apart from what has been suggested, my only other idea is - did you check that on your view control the rear, not the front view is active? Improbable because the problem appeared after your poseball-crash I guess, but can´t hurt to check quick before doing clean viewer re-installs.

steph Arnott wrote:

Or simply could be they are wearing something that is causing the effect.

Yes true but [and forgive me from even thinking the OP might have removed all attached objects to test this as previously instructed] when all other avenues have been exhausted, lets start over on the viewing end of the equation.

At best it solves the issue at hand.

At worst is points the problem resolution to an in-world or account issue that may need the wonderkids at LL to solve.

I have experienced this problem when wearing 2 items that affect the walk in my case it is a set of Marines cuffs and a speed control I use to slow down some of the skating  When the speed controlis worn it interacts with the walk modifier in the cuffs easy fix take off the speed control. You most likely have 2 objects that want to control your walk and they fight for control. For some strange reason reverse controls seems to win out

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.