I Have A Rock In My Chest..... Can You Help Free Me From The Orange Sparkles?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - I don't know if anyone can advise. 

I am on Phoenix Firestorm.  The last 3 days, I had loads of crashes and lag issues, as have people on the sim.  Then it was ok, for the others, but not for me..... I have been stuck as an Orange sparkly cloud on my own viewer, and others see me like this:   https://gyazo.com/f2f3795d5fc8b7042aae574993327830  - it looks like I have a rock in my middle.  At first I thought it was my necklace, but when I clicked on the orange swirling sparkles, I get this in the edit box:  Name:  #Firestorm LSL Bridge v2.4 - Description:  medium, round landscaping rock - if I try and detach it, I get this message:  " Could not put on outfit - The outfit folder contains no clothing, body parts, or attachments - CLOSE ".  My inventory is largely missing.

When I log in, I get this message:
[14:20] Creating the bridge. This might take a moment, please wait.
[14:20] Second Life: The attachment has requested a nonexistent point on the avatar. It has been attached to the chest instead.

If I try and do anything like go to Test Avatar in Avatar Health - I get this message - "Bridge creation in process, cannot start another. Please wait a few minutes before trying again."

Any ideas how I can get me back.... without the Rock in my chest! lol

Thanks in advance.

The rock is the Firestorm bridge.  You can find it in your inventory and detach it if you'd like but then a number of features won't work anymore.

If you see the rock, then detach it and delete it.  Firestorm will create a new bridge.

The orange sparkles you refer to I assume are the sparkles you see when you edit or point to something etc.  You can turn them off in the viewer Preferences under the Firestorm tab.  Note that you won't see them anymore but other people still will.

Jinnywitha Cleanslate wrote:

It wouldn't detach anyway.  I was going to do that - and then re-create Bridge in Av Health - but it didn't work.

The orange sparkles were the equivelent of the white cloud we had in the old days, when your AV wouldn't rezz.

You need to go to Preferences/Firestorm/Extras and, at the bottom, uncheck "Enable LSL-Client Bridge", delete any bridge you may have in your inventory, clear your trash just to be safe, then go back and re-check "Enable LSL-Client Bridge"... at which point Firestorm will recreate a new bridge for you.

Hope this helps ...Dres

Thanks for all your help and replies everyone.  Really appreciated.

In the end, I followed instructions given, but that didn't seem to work - so I gave the cache another clear, rebooted my Router, and I am back - and I could detach the rock in my chest.  Lol.  All is well again.  Hurrah!!!!  :D

Thank you all for your help!  :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.